DITA the truth edition compared to ie 800
Nov 16, 2014 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

tracyca

500+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone, I need a little education on the difference between the DITA truth and ie 800. I listen to all music and already own ie 800 but really interested in the DITA truth. Any help would be grateful. Gear I use cypher labs solo db& duet, pico power, pico slim, jds labs c5d,. Thank you in advance for any caparisons.

Nov 17, 2014 at 8:35 AM Post #2 of 4
You have the IE800 and are thinking of another?
blink.gif

I love the IE800, I'm not sure if any beats it for my tastes but the DITA/truth comes close.

Thanks for the excuse to try them both again! The Dita/Answer is bigger and brasher - bigger soundstage with a wider, more open sound, more sparkly sounding, and with lower bass extension. If you're after something just a bit less polished and more energetic than the IE800 the Dita/Answer might be worth trying.

Nov 17, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #3 of 4
Thank you for the reply, I like the ie800 but the tips dont fit that great on me and I always seem to be adjusting for a tight fit.I do love hiw lite they are, like not having anything in my ears!

Nov 17, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #4 of 4
I sometimes have trouble fishing the IE800 out again they're so small. It's an individual thing - I find the IE800 easier to get in than the Dita but it just takes practise.

Just in case it's handy, I'd say the non-truth Answer (why can't they just issue model numbers?) is more laid-back due to the cable and comes across as more like the IE800.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back