DITA Audio Project M Discussion Thread
Mar 22, 2024 at 8:23 AM Post #62 of 96
There's some tracks for me that can be ever so slightly sibilant, the only example I can think off the top of my head right now is Rolling Stones' Rocks off, it's present here and there but I'm nitpicking because I'm just here to say how much I love these so far.

Add Dua Lipa's Blow your mind, when she smacks you with S sounds past 2:10 lol

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2024 at 9:19 AM Post #63 of 96
There's some tracks for me that can be ever so slightly sibilant, the only example I can think off the top of my head right now is Rolling Stones' Rocks off, it's present here and there but I'm nitpicking because I'm just here to say how much I love these so far.

Add Dua Lipa's Blow your mind, when she smacks you with S sounds past 2:10 lol
That's one of those albums i consider badly mastered... lots of female vocals in the Mando-pop scene especially with albums like that unfortunately. Any more energetic IEM would fail on them. Only headphones and speakers get a pass...

Just switched out the eartips to the Acoustune AEX50, which work surprisingly well with them. Getting a very nice CIEM-like seal while retaining comfort. Treble is a little tamed as well with the wider bore. Azla SednaEarfit Xelastic still works better, the AEX50 kept dislodging in my ears when I remove the IEMS.

Paired the M with the Cayin RU6 on a lark, and finding the pairing to work really well! Soundstage is WIDE... much wider than with the WM1ZM2. There's also a good sense of height to the soundstage, which was what I was already getting with the WM1ZM2. Bob Dylan sounds fantastic on these.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2024 at 12:19 PM Post #64 of 96
These are just beautiful..

IMG_4431.jpeg

IMG_4432.jpeg

IMG_4433.jpeg

Mar 30, 2024 at 10:02 PM Post #66 of 96
Definitely sexy , needs more subbass imho
Definitely a personal preference. I’ve found that the Walkman’s EQ works really well with them. I’ve brought down the 8k peak by 3.5db 😅

Mar 31, 2024 at 1:33 PM Post #68 of 96
Still forming opinion on how these sound, but my word are they beautiful...

P1077654.jpeg

P1077719.jpeg

P1077581.jpeg

P1077595.jpeg

Apr 1, 2024 at 11:26 AM Post #71 of 96
Some thoughts on these after 100hours or so…Beautiful aesthetics, superb imaging and stage, dynamic & quite punchy although can sound rather thin particularly in the low end. Pretty natural and neutral sounding overall, and highly resolving. Superb, airy treble that I don’t find sibilant in the slightest (but I am late 40’s so…). And I kept having to remind myself of their price - these are bonkers good for $300. The finish of the shells is exquisite.

On pairings, they sound great with RS8 where a combination of class a, turbo mode and a very slight dark tuning via MSEB adds some weight to mid/low end. Also tried with the iFi Go Blu which has great synergy with the M - the slightly warm tilt of Burr Brown plus xbass makes for a very fun listen.

P1077778.jpeg

P1077744.jpeg

Apr 2, 2024 at 9:30 AM Post #72 of 96
Beautiful photos! Makes me too lazy to even try and match you~ Another reason to sell off my Leica Q2 lol... simply gathering dust in the corner these days

Apr 2, 2024 at 10:54 AM Post #73 of 96
Beautiful photos! Makes me too lazy to even try and match you~ Another reason to sell off my Leica Q2 lol... simply gathering dust in the corner these days
Very kind of you to say - thank you! Although I’d love to see what you can do with that Leica 👌🏻😉

Apr 2, 2024 at 9:56 PM Post #74 of 96
Just got the Project M two days ago. I was disappointed when I got it to be honest because female vocal sounds off (kinda like the Sony MDR-Z1R). But I like the look of these so much that I kept experimenting with the ear tips (changing cable could improve it further but I like the look of the cable). Finally I was able to find the suitable ear tips to kill those exaggerated treble while maintaining the rest of the frequency spectrum. It's the Spinfit CP240.

Apr 2, 2024 at 10:28 PM Post #75 of 96
Just got the Project M two days ago. I was disappointed when I got it to be honest because female vocal sounds off (kinda like the Sony MDR-Z1R). But I like the look of these so much that I kept experimenting with the ear tips (changing cable could improve it further but I like the look of the cable). Finally I was able to find the suitable ear tips to kill those exaggerated treble while maintaining the rest of the frequency spectrum. It's the Spinfit CP240.
The Project M takes cable rolling very well. I tried it with the Nightjar Acoustics Vanguard and it warmed the mids quite a bit.

Also give it a few day of burn it and the treble will be smoother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back