DITA Audio Project M Discussion Thread
Jan 24, 2024 at 11:08 AM Post #16 of 97
Time to get cookin'
(No, seriously I have to cook dinner)

I'll probably be busy till weekend, meanwhile I'll let it burn in.

IMG20240125000242.jpg

Jan 25, 2024 at 5:33 PM Post #17 of 97
Love mine, and definitely a set that is going to sell incredibly well - I feel had I been presented with this set taking into consideration the style, build quality, packaging and accessories, and then on to the wonderfully competent tuning, I’d probably have guessed the guts of $1k.

IMG_9820.jpeg

IMG_9951.jpeg

Jan 25, 2024 at 5:44 PM Post #18 of 97
Love mine, and definitely a set that is going to sell incredibly well - I feel had I been presented with this set taking into consideration the style, build quality, packaging and accessories, and then on to the wonderfully competent tuning, I’d probably have guessed the guts of $1k.

IMG_9820.jpeg

IMG_9951.jpeg
Exactly my thoughts , such carefully executed tuning with subtitles yet likeable and modern sound with a luxury and original packaging and better make than most for that money can only come from a top company willing to show great things don’t have to cost the greedy amounts!

Jan 25, 2024 at 5:50 PM Post #19 of 97
Exactly my thoughts , such carefully executed tuning with subtitles yet likeable and modern sound with a luxury and original packaging and better make than most for that money can only come from a top company willing to show great things don’t have to cost the greedy amounts!

Absolutely - I guess we are very much in the realm of such huge competition and brands consistently upping their game to offer fantastic products at somewhat reasonable prices. Definitely a ‘trickle down’ effect from higher end sets, and fantastic for us addicts hobbyists :)

Jan 27, 2024 at 3:36 AM Post #20 of 97
A few hours with the Project M after about 30 hours of burn in. I am very impressed with the resolution most of all. It does require quite a lot of power to unlock the full potential of this IEM, but with dongles, you can still enjoy it too.

Tonality is initially neutral-bright, but the brightness does get more mellowed after the burn-in period. The bass may feel normal at lower power, but once you pair it up with more power (like with my desktop setup), it opens up and give quite a satisfying punch. Not basshead level for sure. The DD certainly takes the centre stage here. I can't see any crossover here, so likely it's a full range DD that's supplemented by the BA on certain frequencies (likely upper treble). The shell is also very pretty now I can see it in better lighting condition.

I'll spend some more time with it before reviewing it. At the moment, I'm quite impressed.

1706344272719.jpeg

Feb 1, 2024 at 5:00 AM Post #21 of 97
I got to try a demo unit briefly, take what I say with very big pinch of salt please

Sonically very different from IE600 but it's a good starting point for a comparison - that, with less bass so it leans to a slightly more analytical listen, slightly shoutier perhaps (?), but better technically by nature of better layering & separation.

Very pretty IEMs. I really like how they look - better in person than in pictures.

Will buy. Very good.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2024 at 4:52 PM Post #22 of 97
A few hours with the Project M after about 30 hours of burn in. I am very impressed with the resolution most of all. It does require quite a lot of power to unlock the full potential of this IEM, but with dongles, you can still enjoy it too.

Tonality is initially neutral-bright, but the brightness does get more mellowed after the burn-in period. The bass may feel normal at lower power, but once you pair it up with more power (like with my desktop setup), it opens up and give quite a satisfying punch. Not basshead level for sure. The DD certainly takes the centre stage here. I can't see any crossover here, so likely it's a full range DD that's supplemented by the BA on certain frequencies (likely upper treble). The shell is also very pretty now I can see it in better lighting condition.

I'll spend some more time with it before reviewing it. At the moment, I'm quite impressed.

1706344272719.jpeg
Would love to hear your impressions vs the Monarchs. Big price difference but those are the last I tried from your current daily drivers.

Feb 8, 2024 at 6:48 AM Post #23 of 97
Would love to hear your impressions vs the Monarchs. Big price difference but those are the last I tried from your current daily drivers.
Totally different from Monarchs.

Monarch mk2 is tonally neutral with supremely natural timbre - the Project M can get a bit thin and verging on shrill/shouty for the treble-sensitive, but I'm confident it beats the Monarch on air, and I think space and resolution (havent a/b'd both side by side yet)

If you really love one you won't love the other

Feb 8, 2024 at 9:32 AM Post #24 of 97
Tonally different. Monarch has that very clean presentation with that distinct layering between bass-mids-treble, making each frequency range to be very detailed and layered yet balanced. Project M is a bit more blended with more focus on upper mids and treble, but that nudges it to be more natural and musical overall.

Monarch Mk2 is my Swiss Army Knife of IEMs, it excels in most things, without having anything stand out. It's an excellently technical IEM too. Meanwhile, Project M has one of the best vocal expressions in a sub-$500 price range, and I dare say that I enjoy vocals more with Project M than the Monarch Mk2. Also, it's very resolving, despite not as resolving as Monarch Mk2. The thing that it loses out absolutely against Monarch Mk2 would be the bass and tonal balance.

That said, Project M is still I can enjoy too, depending on the music that I listened to. I would liken this to Final Audio A5000, but with thicker tone and better resolution.

Last edited:
Feb 17, 2024 at 2:55 PM Post #25 of 97
Man I'd kill to own one of these but I'm broke rn lol, maybe it's time for my Edition XS to go

Feb 21, 2024 at 12:35 PM Post #26 of 97
1000018268.jpg

Amazing IEMs.

Feb 22, 2024 at 1:51 AM Post #27 of 97
It's here!!

Attachments

• IMG_3625.jpeg
    IMG_3625.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
Feb 22, 2024 at 7:47 AM Post #28 of 97
Hi all, I’d buy these in a heartbeat if I could find stock of them somewhere….are these a limited release or expected to be re-stocked at some point? Many thanks for any detail!

Feb 23, 2024 at 1:54 PM Post #29 of 97
Feb 23, 2024 at 6:11 PM Post #30 of 97
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back