Disturbing Story about Melos Audio?
May 2, 2002 at 7:29 AM Post #16 of 21
I don't believe Will is interested in the Head-Fi community. He might be, but the response so far has been nil.

He might be preoccupied with too many projects to be a forum rat like myself.

May 2, 2002 at 12:08 PM Post #17 of 21
Always odd to me when heros ignore their fans. Ah well, I'm still thankful to have the internet and be able to directly converse with people like Jan, Tyll, Steve McCormack and George Cardas. There's just something cool about that.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 2, 2002 at 4:27 PM Post #18 of 21
Well, you've got to figure this business of his is just a side-line, not a main source of income, so that may explain the lack of rapid responses.

I have seen the innards of a regular Gold and a Gold upgraded to Maestro by MAR side-by-side. I wish I had a digicam so you could see the number of components that were indeed different. All the major cylindrical doo-dads (caps?) were changed, lots of the little resistors, the power supply torroid, the internal wiring, and numerous other little devices on the main board. I have no idea about the actual cost of the upgraded parts, but to the untrained eye, it did appear that *most* of the biggest and presumably most important doo-dads were replaced. I also got a bag full of *some* of the old components.

markl

Jun 16, 2002 at 2:54 AM Post #21 of 21
My MAR upgraded/repaired SHA GOLD arrived back home Thursday. The unit was on MAR premises 8 days - a reasonable amount of time (especially given that communication with MAR is a bit difficult). I haven't had chance to unpack the SHA & inspect it yet - much less give it a listen. I will post my findings once I give it a good listen. Total cost BTW with the repairs/upgrade/freight was $394. Assuming all is well dealing with MAR was not a particularly traumatic experience. Again, this is assuming all is well. Will keep you all posted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back