Disturbed
Jan 31, 2009 at 7:57 PM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by scytheavatar /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The ones who classify them as metal are the ones who classify Slipknot and Korn as metal; i.e the ones who don't have a clue.

Most nu-metal = rock.

You called people names, you win the internet!

Really, it's silly to get so worked up over it. Ask a hundred people what genre something is, you'll get twenty-five answers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ttvetjanu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I personally enjoy them mostly as jogging/gym music because of the energy. I mean, anything with the lyrics "I'm an indestructible Master of War!" just keep you going.

Same here, they're great for that. Their singer has a great voice for the band and a lot of attitude. I don't really listen to them critically.

Feb 4, 2009 at 12:35 AM Post #18 of 31
I really liked 'The Sickness' it has really something new in the sound. But the others are great too.

Feb 4, 2009 at 12:45 AM Post #19 of 31
Quote:

The ones who classify them as metal are the ones who classify Slipknot and Korn as metal; i.e the ones who don't have a clue.

Most nu-metal = rock.

Building on this, I think Disturbed is terrible

imho

Feb 4, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #20 of 31
There are better bands than Disturbed that played this kind of music first, Gravity Kills and Stabbing Westward (if you throw out the last S.W. album) come to mind, but I don't mind Disturbed.

The ultimate question is, are they good enough for an $80 concert ticket (or in my case two tickets as the wife likes to go to concerts as well)? In my case, probably not.

Aug 31, 2010 at 9:19 PM Post #23 of 31

Quote:
So their new album Asylum just came out this week. What does everyone think about it?

Also, how well do you think they sound, in general?

I didnt know they have a new album...i will check if there are some preview tracks on youtube. 

Sep 5, 2010 at 3:04 AM Post #26 of 31
Nothing worth hearing. Annoying vocalist and musically it´s just the basic nu metal or metalcore. But it´s alright to like it, it takes nothing away from me.

Sep 5, 2010 at 4:25 AM Post #27 of 31
Quote:
Quote:

Most nu-metal = rock.

You called people names, you win the internet!

Really, it's silly to get so worked up over it. Ask a hundred people what genre something is, you'll get twenty-five answers.

Whenever I talk to someone about music and I tell them that I listen to alot of metal or heavy metal, they'll say "Oh yeah me too!". Then I ask them "Oh yeah? Which bands?", silently hoping the answer will be different but it never is as they always say "yeah like Korn (not old Korn of course), Linkin Park, etc.". And a little part of me dies inside.

Sep 5, 2010 at 5:08 PM Post #29 of 31
I liked the Sickness.  I havent heard anything else, except for one from their newest album that comes on the radio.

Like somebody else said, if you liked them before, you'll probably like their new album.. It sounds the same, not sure if the lyrics are similar though.

Sep 5, 2010 at 5:15 PM Post #30 of 31
Years ago I was suppose to see Hatebreed open for Danzig - well Hatebreed didn't show up but Disturbed did instead.  It was creepy seeing the singer come out in a straight jacket and it all went downhill from there....  too bro metal for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back