Distant rattling noise in Grado SR60
Mar 7, 2004 at 2:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

lervold

New Head-Fier
I just got my SR60s this week, they are my first pair of quality cans and I love them. I bought them off ebay from a guy who'd used them for about 20 hours or so. However, sometimes I can hear a small rattling sound on the low frequencies.. It's not much, but I can hear it. It doesn't always come on the same spot either, it varies.

Is this a common problem or do you think there's something wrong with mine? It can feel like the drivers are loose and if I adjust the cord the rattling sometimes just disappear. Can somebody help me?
confused.gif

Mar 7, 2004 at 3:00 PM Post #2 of 8
Could be cord vibration...

next time it happens, pull very gently on the cords, and see if the rattling disappears... if it does, then it might be worth getting a couple of cable ties and pulling the cables out silightly, and cable-tieing them in place...

Mar 7, 2004 at 3:09 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by lervold
thanks.. it may be the cables. I just found out the right cable is loose, should I try to use some glue on it?

Sure, so long as you do it right, assumably with a glue gun, with clear glue then I don't see that being a problem...

Fingers crossed that is your problem, and nothing more sinister, but - if, as you say, the noise goes away when you move the cable, I think its pretty safe to point the finger of blame against the cable
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2004 at 3:17 PM Post #5 of 8
I'm trying to find the rattling sound to find out if it is the cables, but now it's completely gone! lol, I can't find it
blink.gif

anyways.. thanks for the fast reply. I've been lurking around here for a month or so (leading up to the SR60 purchase) and I already can see how nice this community is. it's pretty easy to get help here ..and to empty ones wallet
biggrin.gif
next up is a pair of e2c

Mar 7, 2004 at 3:19 PM Post #6 of 8
lol lervold, you've got that right...

This place is helping to keep the US out of economic recession!

Glad you like it here
smily_headphones1.gif

Duncan

Mar 7, 2004 at 4:32 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by lervold
I'm trying to find the rattling sound to find out if it is the cables, but now it's completely gone! lol, I can't find it
blink.gif

anyways.. thanks for the fast reply. I've been lurking around here for a month or so (leading up to the SR60 purchase) and I already can see how nice this community is. it's pretty easy to get help here ..and to empty ones wallet
biggrin.gif
next up is a pair of e2c

Damn straight. A few months of lurking + a few days of lurking = 2 KSC-35s, Senn HD497 and my newest acquisition, a Grado SR80. Please. I'm not in a market for a RS-1 soon
frown.gif

Mar 7, 2004 at 4:38 PM Post #8 of 8
lol, you're lucky you live in the USA, here, in Norway SR60 costs $180 and RS-1 costs $1300! that's why I bought my SR60s on ebay for $71 shipped

Users who are viewing this thread

Back