1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Dissection of a UE VI cable and mic plug pin out

1. Seven1816
    IMG_20120817_103758.jpg

IMG_20120817_103942.jpg

Hello,

This is my first ever post here and it seems to be a wealth of info from everybody. I'm a lowly kinda IEM guy, I owned a pair of Altec Lansing UHP336 and a pair of UE SF3, both use UEs' VI for connection on my Samsung android phone. Just lastweek I was unlucky enough to lose my Altecs and it drove me crazy, this left me with just my SF3, it's just the principle.........
    Anyway I had inadvertantly stocked up on a few sets of UE VI mic cables a few months ago, which made me purchase a set of TF10s.......thats another story.
    I had a broken UE VI cable, and recently I found a place selling replacement 3.5mm mic plugs, which I've ordered and wait for delivery, in the meantime I thought I'd read up on the pin outs of the 3.5mm plug for wiring and there seems to be conflicting info, so I set about finding out the truth. I also dissected the UE line ready to solder it onto the new plug.
    First thing is the UE IV cable is 5 core, Red, Green, Bronze with Red and a Pure Bronze with a White cable embedded, after some fun with a multimeter and hot solder, I managed to determine which wire did what.
    The photos show the broken next to a good working example. I hope all UE VI cables use the same colour coding otherwise it will mean nothing to you. As they say a picture is worth 1000 words.