dissassemble AKG K240S.
Jul 6, 2007 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

xinoxide

500+ Head-Fier
i just got these from hadi, the sounds pretty damn good, but theres a VERY VERY faint vibration in the right side. im not complaining about the headphones, because at the price i got them they exceed my expectations.

but i need to open them up to be able to check the drivers and such, probably just a small piece of "shrapnel" maybe some loosened glue, but im kind of afraid to exert any force in getting them apart.

(search returned to many results for any single human to sort)

Jul 6, 2007 at 9:35 PM Post #2 of 7
You have to pry the badge off the back of the earcup (where the headband wires enter) to get at the screws.

If you ruin the badge, they cost a few dollars.

Jul 6, 2007 at 9:38 PM Post #3 of 7
much easier than i thought, im probably going to replace them reguardless though.

Jul 6, 2007 at 11:14 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You have to pry the badge off the back of the earcup (where the headband wires enter) to get at the screws.

If you ruin the badge, they cost a few dollars.

I wish they would've stuck with the metal badges like on the older AKGs, those are virtually impossible to ruin without trying, but I don't think the new plastic ones would stand up to as much abuse. Though I don't really feel like trying to open my K240S for the only reason of finding how out durable the badges are.
tongue.gif

Jul 6, 2007 at 11:32 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish they would've stuck with the metal badges like on the older AKGs, those are virtually impossible to ruin without trying, but I don't think the new plastic ones would stand up to as much abuse. Though I don't really feel like trying to open my K240S for the only reason of finding how out durable the badges are.
tongue.gif

The metal ones can be tricky to get off if the adhesive is relatively new. This isn't a problem on the better AKGs, unfortunately.

I just hate when people stick them back on with superglue.

It doesn't make them hard to remove - they practically fall off at the first nudge.

It makes it a pain in the ass to clean the superglue off the lid and out of the heads of the screws.

Jul 7, 2007 at 12:16 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The metal ones can be tricky to get off if the adhesive is relatively new. This isn't a problem on the better AKGs, unfortunately.

I just hate when people stick them back on with superglue.

It doesn't make them hard to remove - they practically fall off at the first nudge.

It makes it a pain in the ass to clean the superglue off the lid and out of the heads of the screws.

There is a trick to getting the metal ones off if they're using the original adhesive, no matter how good it's stuck on there. The bigger K270 sized badges are harder to get off though, because they are thicker and don't flex as easily, but with a little patience they come off with no damage too.

Now as for using superglue to put them back on, that's just stupid, because of exactly why you said. I use a few small dabs of PVA glue to stick mine back on. It holds them well enough to not fall off in daily use, but they'll pop off with no resistance if you ever need to get back in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back