Dissapointed....
May 28, 2005 at 6:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Vences5

Head-Fier
I was sitting down at a table, listening to music with my no-more-than 2 hours old Sennheiser MX500 earbuds. My left ear bud fell out and clinked on the table. Then I brought it back up to my ear and noticed that it sounded like AM radio. I didn't know they were so delicate. Anybody have something similar happen to them?

May 28, 2005 at 6:41 AM Post #2 of 7
Thats pretty much what happened to my brothers Apple In-Ears after having them for about a week he rested my powerbook on top of them and the right bud now makes a very quiet static noise resembling the music.

Pretty worrying when you pay $60AU for them
frown.gif

Cheers
Jake

May 28, 2005 at 10:29 AM Post #3 of 7
I've had that happen to my Sony MDR-E829V earbuds. I assumed the diaphragm got a crease in it or something, so I just put my mouth over the driver grille and sucked very lightly until the diaphragm popped back into shape. It worked for me, but I have no idea what damage it could do (to you or your MX500), or if it would be effective for your MX500 at all. So I don't recommend it :p I'm just sharing my experience.
biggrin.gif

May 28, 2005 at 10:34 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vences5
I was sitting down at a table, listening to music with my no-more-than 2 hours old Sennheiser MX500 earbuds. My left ear bud fell out and clinked on the table. Then I brought it back up to my ear and noticed that it sounded like AM radio. I didn't know they were so delicate. Anybody have something similar happen to them?

You should have bought the MX450. It's your fault.
tongue.gif

May 28, 2005 at 12:41 PM Post #6 of 7
I have not had my MX500 break, never thrown them down or treated them harshly, but they have "clanked" against a table or two in their time. I'm surprised that yours would break from something so minor. Most earbuds have such little mass that droping them usualy doesn't cause much damage, just like droping an ant or something, no structural or internal damage is had upon the subject because its mass is not enough to creat massive hemoraging of the housing or shell of said droped thing. I have clunked a bunch of earbuds against tables and door and walls and the like and none of them have ever changed their sound because of it.

You can try the sucking/blowing on the driver, I have done that myself, but be careful.

Hope your warranty is still active on those MX500s, although for such a cheap headphone its rather a bother to collect on the warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back