dissapointed with beyerdynamic dt 770 250 ohms with fiio e11 :(
Feb 4, 2012 at 1:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

diego018

New Head-Fier
I recently bought a beyerdynamic dt 770 ohms with a fiio e11 amplifier. i'm  dissapointed with this, i get the feeling that the sound sounds very "artificial" and not real and clear. 
the only way i like a little  the beyerdynamics is when i press the headphones against my head, at least that way i can feel the bass ;D
i feel like every sound (example the snare) sounds like as it were coming from a little speaker. i don't feel the full punch.
i can't hear the low frequencies of the voices and the piano, i feel like if every instrument was low cutted. 

i even prefer my sony mx-300 in ear. i was hoping more from beyerdynamic since here in this forum everyone was like "oh beyerdynamic dt 770 rules for dubstep etc"

im planning buying the beats studio, i haven't tried them, do you think they are going to give me that "real hd sound" "head drilling" that i'm looking? 

Feb 4, 2012 at 2:06 PM Post #3 of 6
So, you have the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 250-Ohm?
I'm wearing mine right now, sounds good to me
Any chance the E11 is defective?
What source and DAC are you using?

Feb 4, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #4 of 6
Well, if the DT770 bass is not enough for you, try the Sony XB500 or XB700. These are cheaper, and have more bass. For more money, an Ultrasone PRO 900 would also be a good choice. These alternatives also do not have the DT770's few dB dip at about 210 Hz, which may be what is bothering you. Although when you buy new headphones, it usually takes some time to get used to the different sound, so your opinion may change after a while (or not).

Feb 4, 2012 at 2:19 PM Post #5 of 6
Head Drilling Bass - Sony XB 500

The Beats will give you Bass but definately no HD sound.. and are way overpriced.

Use an equalizer to boost bass to MAX.
I use a "U" / "V" shaped on like every Headphone.

Tbh.. i love the Denon D2000s with bass boosting equalizer.
It goes really low and still keeps a clean sound which is just awsome <3
Other headphones like the XB500 or the Beats will give you the same amount of bass, (the XB500 prolly even more) but without being clear.
On the Other side the Denons just seem to be nice at everything.

In Drum & Bass for example you feel the bass and still got the clear drums, amazing :)

Also it kinda sounds like my z5500 with the eq settings.
The treble is well, bass is strong and defined..
and the best -> it sounds seperated from the other frequencies and doesn't mix with the mids for example.

Also they are confortable as hell and i kinda like the cups, they fit my ears really well.

-> everything with the D2000 i got out of the box without burn-ins.

As i said use a U / V shaped equalizer a good amp (imma using the fiio e9) and a decent sound card (i prolly get mine next salary -> Asus Xonar D1)

Talking to you as a real dubstep / drum & bass / electro / hardstyle / hip hop.. lover.
I didn't get any beats and i don't regret it.

Feb 4, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #6 of 6
I think you're looking for a more forward sounding headphone that's more engaging to listen to with more midbass punch too. Try M-Audio Q40, this headphone also benefits a lot by amping so you'd be covered there with the E11 amp. I think even XB500 would fit the needs with a bit help of EQing on the cheaper side. Panasonic HTF600 as well, basicly these are forward, fun, engaging headphones with a full opposed to "thin" and somewhat distant/relaxed sounding on DT770. I've had the DT770 Pro but didn't like it very much as it was a bit of the opposite sound signature I was looking for. I actually prefer the sound of the $30 Panasonic HTF600 to them lol but yea it depends a lot what kind of sound signature you're looking for but it sounds like you're looking for a sound signature more similar to my taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back