Display question for Dead Space PC owners
Oct 28, 2008 at 11:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Kirosia

Headphoneus Supremus
I have a 4:3 monitor, can I display the game at a widescreen resolution in full screen mode? I mean, with black bars added to fill up to the dead space. I'm asking because I can only seem to get widescreen to display properly in windowed mode.

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #2 of 4
I know my Ati card can do the opposite thing for sure. (displaying 4:3 on a widescreen monitor) It's an option somewhere in the advanced menu of my videocard. I don't think you can do it in Windows without additional software/ drivers.

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:20 AM Post #3 of 4
Don't laugh, but why do you want to do this? You lose so much screen real estate it's funny! Graphics cards (my old ATI Mobility Radeon 9200 and my nVidia 8600MGT) come with driver settings to let you display images without stretching, BUT only on LCDs, for digital stuff like built-in displays or over DVI.

High-end CRT monitors will also let you input, say, 1280x720 and letterbox it for you, I saw this on a 19" samsung crt back in 04, it was selling for $300 or so.

But if your pc can play dead space, why no widescreen? A 17" one at walmart should be dead cheap!! I just give up with these silly x360 ports, they all run like crap, all except bioshock.

Oct 29, 2008 at 12:35 AM Post #4 of 4
Honestly, I don't like the picture quality of low-end LCDs. I can barely stand laptop displays for watching video. And I don't mind sacrificing overall real estate for a wider view.

I have an 19" samsung crt (vga). I've been trying to force the monitor to do 1440x900 and 1680x1050, but it won't work properly. What's weird is that I've played games like Devil May Cry 4 that displayed letterbox widescreen fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back