Dislodging headphone cords . . . (non-detachable ones)
May 22, 2002 at 4:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

The Quality Guru

Blah! he says.
If you were wondering from the title, I haven't yet (nor do I plan to) dislodge the headphone cable of my ATH-W100 that is attached to the earcup and driver, but I have had some pretty big tugs on it (stepping on it and pulling up, snagging, etc.) Right now I am very likely fine because if I had done some damage, then I would have known now (from intermittent sound, etc.).

But I do have a question . . . does anybody know how the headphone cable of the W100 is attached to the driver inside the earcup? Perhaps you Grado-butcherers/modifiers could help me out with the anatomy of the cord and how it is attached to the driver inside the earcup. Maybe the W100 uses a similar method of attaching the cord to the driver. Perhaps the headphone cable is wound in with the coil of the driver itself? Note: the cord is not detachable.

I am merely trying to better understand how the cord is attached so that I know how easy it is to dislodge the cord from inside the earcup? Or am I crazy and worrying too much?

All opinions and ideas are acceptable! If you have something to say, say it!!

Regards, Luke

May 22, 2002 at 4:52 AM Post #2 of 2
Yank it really really hard until it comes out.

That's how hard you need to pull it to dislodge it.

wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back