Disillusion: straight ahead.
Dec 19, 2006 at 7:01 PM Post #16 of 22
31 weeks off? That's like...8 months?
blink.gif
What kind of job do you have, just in interest?

As for me, having graduated from college, I feel as though I now understand what people mean when they say that college is the most fun period of your life. I guess the exception is for those who have a job that they love doing, but those are the few lucky ones.

I'll probably head back to school in a year or two, to see if I can eventually join those few.

Dec 19, 2006 at 7:38 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by mr_baseball_08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apparently you aren't in engineering..
biggrin.gif

My stepdad is an engineer for Caterpillar and he got to work yesterday at 5:30 AM and left that night around 8:30.

Boy I sure can't wait for that..
evil_smiley.gif

There are plenty of 9 to 5 engineering jobs out there. It's getting through engineering in school that's the hard part.

I truly can't wait until I'm done with school. No joke, no sarcasm - I'd rather be working.

Dec 19, 2006 at 7:52 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyrie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
31 weeks off? That's like...8 months?
blink.gif
What kind of job do you have, just in interest?

As for me, having graduated from college, I feel as though I now understand what people mean when they say that college is the most fun period of your life. I guess the exception is for those who have a job that they love doing, but those are the few lucky ones.

I'll probably head back to school in a year or two, to see if I can eventually join those few.

I work offshore in the North Sea. Do a twoo week on, three week off rotation. Works really well. Good pay, plenty of time off.

Dec 19, 2006 at 10:27 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by caramelsoul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Work sucks but we have to eat and take care of our families. Im glad some members here like their jobs, but there are far more people who dislike their jobs that i have come across. I dont particularly like my job, but i do get 31 weeks off a year and make way more than the average wage.
smily_headphones1.gif

31 weeks off is like 3/5 of the year!
blink.gif

How the heck did you get that job, and what is it?!
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 20, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by caramelsoul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I work offshore in the North Sea. Do a twoo week on, three week off rotation. Works really well. Good pay, plenty of time off.

I thought it had to be something in oil and gas or mining. There's a lot of guys around here who work similar rotations up in the oilfields. That's an especially nice schedule you've got, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back