Discrete PPA Diamond Buffer - Alternative DIY Take :)
Aug 9, 2004 at 3:42 AM Post #421 of 720
Of course, if you really want to check your soldering, you can always goto your local university (like RIT, for example) and use their x-ray examining machine to check for cracks :p. For extreme cases only
icon10.gif

Aug 15, 2004 at 3:37 AM Post #424 of 720
After firing up glassmans buffers today, 2 of them didnt light and started smoking. I've seen this happened to a few others in the thread. Anyone have any idea why? I checked all solder joints and chip orientation over and over.

The 33ro on the right of the board(facing you)lit up on both buffers and turned red. Smoke came from the same area.

The other board seemed ok, leds lit, and stayed cool. I swapped it in each channel also.

Aug 15, 2004 at 4:09 AM Post #425 of 720
Quote:

Originally Posted by jhawk22
After firing up glassmans buffers today, 2 of them didnt light and started smoking. I've seen this happened to a few others in the thread. Anyone have any idea why? I checked all solder joints and chip orientation over and over.

The 33ro on the right of the board(facing you)lit up on both buffers and turned red. Smoke came from the same area.

The other board seemed ok, leds lit, and stayed cool. I swapped it in each channel also.

how long did you have it on? are you sure the LEDs were on in the correct direction?

Aug 15, 2004 at 12:56 PM Post #426 of 720
Quote:

Originally Posted by ufokillerz
how long did you have it on? are you sure the LEDs were on in the correct direction?

It was on for 5 seconds 3 times(I swapped them in different channels). The leds are positioned correctly with the green dots facing right. Only one works.

Aug 15, 2004 at 4:54 PM Post #427 of 720
you're not the first and most probably not the last one who did something wrong, we'll work something out
wink.gif

Aug 17, 2004 at 3:01 PM Post #428 of 720
Quote:

Originally Posted by ARL002
what guitar is that in the background? looks like a mayes
wink.gif

It's a Conn. I've had it for several years, and it was given to me by someone who owned it for several years before me. I'd guess its from the mid 80's or so. Sounds really quite good, although the action is a little higher than I would prefer.

Aug 20, 2004 at 9:08 AM Post #429 of 720
last four buffer kits and/or assembled sets available! hurry up!

Aug 20, 2004 at 3:23 PM Post #432 of 720
intlplby, don't worry, you're getting yours..

last kit/set available!

Aug 20, 2004 at 3:56 PM Post #433 of 720
It took me quite a while to figure out what a "green dot" is and where it is. I am surprised more people didn't have problems assembling these buffers.

Aug 20, 2004 at 4:44 PM Post #434 of 720
Quote:

Originally Posted by aos
It took me quite a while to figure out what a "green dot" is and where it is. I am surprised more people didn't have problems assembling these buffers.

are you refering to the dots on the leds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back