Discrete PPA Diamond Buffer - Alternative DIY Take :)
Mar 29, 2005 at 11:51 PM Post #632 of 720
Quote:

Originally Posted by ppl
Holy Mollie I don’t know how 50 mA was the recommended Bias for the PPA V2 The PPA is a portable amp and the V2 Buffers are intended for low bias current operation. The useable Bias range is 10-30 mA above 30 mA you are over biasing the output stage of the V2 MY recommended Bias is 15-25 mA.

sorry, I messed some things up, I'm afraid. Measured voltage drop across R24/R34 (2.2 Ohms) and it reads 66mV and hits your 30mA recommendation.

Got the 110mV from a piece of paper on my desk, must have been for M³, time for cleaning up my desk I guess
rolleyes.gif

btw, neither on Morsel's site http://www.elvencraft.com/ppav2/ nor on tangent's site http://www.tangentsoft.net/audio/ppa/amp2/ I can find infos or recommendations concerning setting up the bias. Adding one or two lines would probably appreciated by future builders.

Mar 30, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #633 of 720
Quote:

Originally Posted by steinchen
sorry, I messed some things up, I'm afraid. Measured voltage drop across R24/R34 (2.2 Ohms) and it reads 66mV and hits your 30mA recommendation.

Got the 110mV from a piece of paper on my desk, must have been for M³, time for cleaning up my desk I guess
rolleyes.gif

btw, neither on Morsel's site http://www.elvencraft.com/ppav2/ nor on tangent's site http://www.tangentsoft.net/audio/ppa/amp2/ I can find infos or recommendations concerning setting up the bias. Adding one or two lines would probably appreciated by future builders.

Yes i just noticed this i sent tangent a pdf on this and the advantages of the current mirrors so maybe he has not had time to compile it yet. maybe ill host these on another site if this info don"t pop up elcewhare

Apr 1, 2005 at 7:34 AM Post #634 of 720
has anybody else received and assembled the buffers yet? I only heard from a few of you..

Apr 1, 2005 at 8:45 AM Post #636 of 720
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glassman
has anybody else received and assembled the buffers yet? I only heard from a few of you..

Mine were in the mail yesterday. Very nice looking little boards.

Before I start building them (which I don't think will take very long) I'll have to get around to building my PPA first...

Thanks Glassman!

Apr 1, 2005 at 3:06 PM Post #637 of 720
I did. Assembled the buffers but have no PPA
frown.gif
Still waiting to get my C1s.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterX
Can you please post a schematic of the new buffer?
Or of you wish to keep it "under wraps" can you please send it to me via PM?

wink.gif

Apr 1, 2005 at 4:51 PM Post #638 of 720
Not publishing schematics of the Glassman buffer gives the impression that it is a commercial, proprietary product, or has something to hide. This secrecy is not in the spirit of the PPA project or the DIY community. Someone could examine his buffer and figure out the schematic if they were so inclined, but it would be far better if Glassman posted the schematic instead of teasing the community with vague claims. Is this DIY, or is this a commercial product?

Apr 1, 2005 at 4:57 PM Post #639 of 720
Quote:

Originally Posted by Glassman

I of course have my buffers. The only buffers I have to compare are the old Intersil 5002s. So far I am pretty impressed. They sound much more transparent than the Intersils and instrument placement seems to have improved. I am satisfied.

Apr 1, 2005 at 5:03 PM Post #640 of 720
Glassman your PM is full, clean it up please!!!

Apr 2, 2005 at 4:00 AM Post #641 of 720
Glassman,

Those 4 pins included in the kit, what are they called? and where can I buy them? Planning on using them for various component rolling situations.

Apr 2, 2005 at 7:21 AM Post #642 of 720
Quote:

Originally Posted by dviswa
Glassman,

Those 4 pins included in the kit, what are they called? and where can I buy them? Planning on using them for various component rolling situations.

you could get them cutting the plastic off of an ic-socket...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back