[DISCOUNT EXPIRED] Interplay from Mark Sherman feat. Kenny Barron
Jul 27, 2015 at 11:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9
Reviews
"What we get here is a conversation of the highest quality and an intimate lesson in listening to each other and exchanging ideas and

harmonic textures without ever losing the basics of each composition." - Gina Loves Jazz

"I will admit that I listen to a lot of jazz, when I am either reading or like know when I am writing (The Art of Conversation is on now!) and Interplay has already proved that it is a great album to have spinning,, when my fingers are flying across the keyboards and my mind is trying to keep up!! The “interplay” between the artist and their respective instruments is truly a thing of beauty!! So Check It Out!" - Renaissance Granddad

"Interplay couldn't be a more fitting title, as the pair are perfectly simpatico – working together on a range of material and a lone Barron original, it's wonderful from track-to-track – feeling like one of the coziest, strongest late night jazz club sessions you'd ever be lucky enough to see." ~ Dusty Groove, Jazz Chill Music

"Relaxed session from pianist Barron and vibraphonist Sherman, whose casual ease allows both contemplative and cheerful tones to commingle effortlessly. Along with your basic standards, a couple interesting choices of Mingus and Dexter Gordon comps. However, it’s the Barron and Sherman originals that resonate strongest on this recording." - Bird is The Worm

Album Description
This stellar inter-generational collaboration between vibraphonist Mark Sherman and National Endowment for the Arts Jazz Master and 10-time GRAMMY Nominee Kenny Barron showcases their remarkable interplay on nine well-chosen standards and two originals. “Kenny’s harmonic sense and just the way he serves the music is at the highest level,” says Sherman. “I was transcribing Kenny Barron solos when I was 16, 17 years old, so you can imagine how much it means to me to be recording with him".

Part of the Chesky Binaural + Series, all recorded with a single microphone, the duo appears right before you with this spacious, lush and multi-dimensional recording. Now headphone users will hear the same three-dimensional sound and imaging as audiophiles have for the past 25 years with Chesky Recordings. Also these new Binaural+ Series albums capture even more spatial realism for the home audiophile market, bringing you one step closer to the actual event. You will hear some of the most natural and pure cool jazz ever recorded.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2015 at 2:08 AM Post #4 of 9

Part of the Chesky Binaural + Series, all recorded with a single microphone...

I don't believe for a single minute that this album was recorded with a single microphone. 
confused_face_2.gif

Binaural recordings are typically done with a dummy-head style of arrangement where there is a
microphone at the left ear position, and another at the right; hence two microphones.

Clearly, Chesky's marketing department needs to do better...!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back