DiscoProJoe’s Rockbox EQ Presets, Version 3.1 (complete user guide)
Jan 5, 2016 at 8:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

DiscoProJoe

100+ Head-Fier
You can download an updated version of these at the following link:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/795363/discoprojoe-s-rockbox-eq-presets-version-4-0-complete-user-guide

Happy EQ'ing! 
atsmile.gif

Jan 6, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #2 of 7
Fantastic job! Unfortunately I'm having battery issues with my iRiver, so no testing possible at the moment. Still trying to figure out, if I should replace it or maybe try out an iPod :wink:

Jan 8, 2016 at 11:29 PM Post #4 of 7
  Wow. I can't believe all the work you did on this. Congrats on a nice job.

Thanks for the kudos, Dad! Glad to hear that you're enjoying your new V-Moda Crossfade Wireless (CFW) headphones from Christmas.

When you come visit this year, I'll have to compare how your CFWs sound (in wired mode) through my portable headphone system with these EQ presets, compared to my M-100s. It'll definitely sound totally different than you're used to! 
wink.gif

In the meantime, enjoy your cool new wireless V-Moda sound!

Love,
Joe

Jan 15, 2016 at 6:55 PM Post #6 of 7
************DiscoProJoe's Rockbox EQ Presets, Version 4.0************

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha, looks like Version 3.1 didn't last long, either! 
biggrin.gif

wink.gif

bigsmile_face.gif

I decided to make further improvements: this time by reorganizing the treble subfolders so that you no longer need to chase lower treble folders beyond the 6th bass increment to maintain the same sound signature!  If you'd like to keep adding sub-bass beyond the 6th increment, you can just stay in the same treble folder, now.

I also added two new "special" midbass categories: "Wild" and "Xtra Smooth." Both are designed to be used with the Rockbox bass-boost feature turned off -- particularly on songs that have large amounts of sub-bass in the recordings -- where the 0th increment is still too much with the +12 dB bass feature on.

"Wild" (with the Rockbox bass boost turned off) sounds like "Cool" (with the +12 dB feature on), and "Xtra Smooth" sounds like "Ultra Lite." These two new, special midbass categories may not sound good while using the Rockbox bass boost, so they're mostly just suitable for special cases. And, as you already should know, when the Rockbox bass feature is off, "Wicked" sounds like "Hot," and "Cool" sounds like "Lite."

Here's the downloadable file for Version 4.0 at the link below. Within the next week I'll be rewriting the user guide above and starting another new topic thread with it. Arrgh!!! 
confused_face.gif

https://www.dropbox.com/l/s/iCVz6qlQcU7yg2iaPi0Thr

Oh well,...happy EQ'ing....

P.S.: I forgot to mention there are 2 sets of 590 presets, now!

Jan 19, 2016 at 2:12 PM Post #7 of 7

Users who are viewing this thread

Back