disconnected wires inside Audio-Technica ATH-CK7 cable
Dec 21, 2007 at 4:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Shauntell47

100+ Head-Fier
recently, the left earphone of my phones won't work due to too much tugging on the cable... i guess the wires got disconnected since every time i push the cable up a bit, near the earphone, i hear sound... i have a one year warranty with Warehouse123 that ends today... i sent them an email on wednesday demanding if i could send them in since it could never arrive before today in japan... i still haven't got an answer... i'm leaving on vacation tomorrow and i don't really have any replacement earphones... and i have the impression that i could fix it myself... has anybody had any similar problems with their CK7s or IEMs/canalphones where the wires got disconnected near the earphone itself? any advice?

Dec 22, 2007 at 10:49 AM Post #4 of 6
Since your warranty ends today, I don't think there's much use going back to the seller. You're better off buying a new one. CK7's aren't that expensive, but you can take this chance to upgrade. Buy a UM1, sf3, im716, er6 or anything else in the same price range, you'd be surprised at the difference.

For recabling, unless you're pretty handy at soldering, the task is a little tedious. Moreover, you'll have to track down a replacement cable. You could use the same cable but there might be too little clearance for your head at the y-joint or it'll be very ugly. Do that if you can't really afford a upgrade at the moment and can't live without music on the move. I got the same problem with my sony inears in the past, I reconnected the cable, it became ugly and uncomfortable. I then bought myself a ck7.

Dec 24, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #5 of 6
ok, thx for the advice... but i already bought closed headphones( ATH-M50s) for portable use since you then get better SQ and i didn't really like putting silicone tips in my ears every time... hopefully i'll be able to stow them in my school bag since they're foldable....
i thought er6, im716 and sf3 were more sidegrades than upgrades from what i've heard and the prices... hopefully, these M50s will work for portable use, otherwise i'll probably get a better IEM...

Dec 24, 2007 at 5:15 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shauntell47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i thought er6, im716 and sf3 were more sidegrades than upgrades from what i've heard and the prices... hopefully, these M50s will work for portable use, otherwise i'll probably get a better IEM...

I agree. Either sidegrades or downgrades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back