discomfort with grados
Oct 18, 2004 at 12:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

drumma

New Head-Fier
i just got myself a grado sr60 and has been using it for less than a week. quite happy with the sound it produces but the discomfort is bugging me. the clamping force is quite tight.. i've bent the headband a few times.. it's still there. i have to take out the headphones for every 20 mins!! does anyone have a solution? thanks!

Oct 18, 2004 at 2:18 PM Post #2 of 10
it'll just take a bit more bending is all. dont be shy with it - it's a solid bar of metal, it won't snap like a twig! bend that baby!

Oct 18, 2004 at 3:10 PM Post #3 of 10
Aside from bending, give it a few weeks to adjust to your head. It'll all be worth it
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 18, 2004 at 3:15 PM Post #4 of 10
Heh, my friend's SR60's are so comfortable (compared to me new "used" 225's) cuz he's had it for more than a year than me already!

Those things, even if laid down, down have the same clamp as mine do. His, just "hang" if you will, but that is after he did some significant bending + year.

Considering how comfortable his are now, it just may take some time after all.

Oct 19, 2004 at 5:55 AM Post #6 of 10
well, you just bend it enough so it stays bent...and just bend it farther until it is relatively comfortable, if you accidentally bend it too far you can just bend it tighter again. Its not that they need to be held in the bent position for a long period of time, you just have to bend it past a certain point so the metal deforms and stays bent, quite easy, just takes a few trials to get it just right for your head.

Oct 19, 2004 at 10:31 AM Post #8 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
it'll just take a bit more bending is all. dont be shy with it - it's a solid bar of metal, it won't snap like a twig! bend that baby!

Well that will help somewhat, but the inherent design of Grado 'phones is that earpads press directly on the ears. While I'm not exactly in pain, no matter how much I fidget around with them they always feel weird on my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back