Disc Golf, anybody play?
Aug 12, 2010 at 6:41 PM Post #16 of 18

Quote:
Trying to learn how to throw my new discraft Nuke (174g) driver. Its a lot less stable and tends to dive quick if thrown wrong.

The nuke is a pretty stable driver...at least it's likely too fast for someone so new to the sport.  Unless you learned to throw really well that fast.  I can't even throw the nuke well, though I haven't thrown my first run one...but I also don't like how wide of a rim it has.

Not sure if you understand stability, but an understable disc is the easiest to throw for beginners since it doesn't have such a harsh fade.  Overstable discs are what more seasoned players will use and stable is somewhere in between.  By the way how come you don't know what your main driver is?(just curious)

Also the roadrunner is actually considered a distance driver by innova.

Aug 12, 2010 at 7:08 PM Post #17 of 18
hmm..well I do need more practice with it.

So this is the main driver i use. It is an Innova Champion 175g disc.
I however have no idea what the name of the disc is. 

Was hoping one of you might be able to identify it for me as i would surely like to buy another atleast.
The Nuke has just a slightly more wider rim than the main one i use. But it seems substantial enough to keep have my throws going off.

Aug 13, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #18 of 18
A picture from the side showing the rim's shape would help.  I can see it's from huk labs though, also if it still has the letter or two on the bottom I might be able to find out for you(should be near the weight written in the middle).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back