Disappointed with Mjolnir
Apr 8, 2013 at 4:34 PM Post #47 of 53
Quote:
Yeah but are resisters and caps the same as CPU chips?

My feeling is that it's more likely that electromigration occurred in the CPU than in the other components in the circuit, but it's really just a hunch.  But really that's immaterial.  The point is that electronics burn in, and it's possible for significant changes to take place, even in purely solid state circuits.

Apr 8, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #48 of 53
For the folks who don't believe in burn-in, just go to Best Buy and they'll have all the best gear you're looking for, guaranteed! Saying burn-in isn't real is like saying cables don't make a difference or change the sound of your rig. USB cables don't matter either, right?  :)

Apr 12, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #50 of 53
Quote:
 I have a ha-160 amp and it works pretty well with my lcd2 v2s.But I would suggest that you upgrade the fuse in it I am using a hifi tuning supreme fuse in my unit and a upgraded power cable and the result was a much more relaxed and refined presentation at the same time.It also improved the reproduction of dynamics as well. I think you got a great deal for 500 bucks I am not familar with the the burson 160 dacs.But I think you got a great value in the ha160-ds.

In the end I ended up selling the 160DS.  It sounded great with the Gungnir as my DAC but I found the power headroom a little lacking for the LCDs.  I had to have the volume knob almost completely turned to the right to be at an acceptable level.  Interesting point on the fuse though.    

Jan 11, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #52 of 53
my mjolnir still sounds awesome to me. sure there is better but really very happy with my setup. that is a great place to be. all genres just astoundingly beautiful. no need to try to improve anything.

Jan 11, 2014 at 2:10 PM Post #53 of 53
  my mjolnir still sounds awesome to me. sure there is better but really very happy with my setup. that is a great place to be. all genres just astoundingly beautiful. no need to try to improve anything.

Not much better with the LCD-3, you're in a good spot, dude.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back