Disappointed in Audio-GD shipping slowness
Sep 23, 2009 at 3:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Jodet

1000+ Head-Fier
Eight days ago I purchased a C2C from Kingwa, an item that was listed as 'In Stock' on their webpage.

Yesterday, one week after paying for this item, I sent an email asking for tracking information.

I recieved a reply saying 'I think have ship tomorrow'.

Waiting NINE DAYS to ship an 'in stock' item is NOT an acceptable level of customer service to me. I worked in shipping and logistics for 20 years. It is NOT THAT HARD TO PUT SOMETHING IN A BOX AND FILL OUT A SHIPPING LABEL.

This appears to be a very nice amplifer, and I've been looking at some of the other hi-fi gear on Audio-Gd's site. (They make a nice pre-amp, for example). But if you take someones money you need to ship them their product in a reasonable period of time. They certainly blew that this time.

Sep 23, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #3 of 22
Sorry to hear about the delay in Audio-GD getting your order out. IIRC, they get all their orders together for a week, then truck them over to a bigger city to save on shipping charges and reduce the chances of damage in transit. (They had a rash of problems with damage in shipping earlier this year, apparently due to a sleazy shipping agent. Fortunately, that issue appears to be completely resolved now.)

Once the package is on the way, it should show up quickly. After I ordered my DAC19-MK3 a few months ago, I posted this in another thread: "Holy crap DHL is fast. The package with my DAC-19MK3 was picked up from Guangzhou, China at 5:00pm on Monday. At 10:00am Wednesday, they attempted delivery at my home near Boston."

In any event, their gear is worth the wait.
normal_smile .gif

Sep 23, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #4 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Jones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think they only ship on Mondays.Sometimes they simply mess up.Love my Phoenix,great price performance ratio.

I can understand once a week shipping.

However, they seem to MESS UP shipping entirely too often. The world is a very competitive place. I can think of FIVE other headamps I could have bought over this one.

Looks like very nice gear (we shall see). But a good reputation for shipping and customer service is money in the bank for a 'mail order' business. If they want to be successful they are going to have to step up their game when it comes to timely shipping.

Sep 23, 2009 at 4:31 PM Post #5 of 22
To your defense, I think Audio-GD needs to clarify that they ship in batches so prospective customers are not left in the dark.

But once it gets rolling, shipping is very fast though. I received my Compass in just 4 days IIRC with DHL.

Sep 23, 2009 at 5:18 PM Post #6 of 22
It's also possible that it was not in stock and the website was not updated to reflect that. It's a small company. I had a Phoenix coming but EMS did something (don't know what) and it was returned to AGD after it cleared custom here in the US. Kingwa is taking care of it but EMS may not be an option anymore for us. I did DHL two other times from him and no problems, I wanted to save a couple of bucks with EMS. I personally feel it was the crappy Chicago USPS service getting something wrong it's happened with other purchaeses outside of AGD.

Sep 23, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #8 of 22
i ordered my c2c on a fri. got a tracking # next friday, showed up on dhl sun. i'm listening to it now (wed.)

Sep 23, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #9 of 22
Sorry to hear about your delay. I ordered my compass on the 15th, got a tracking number on the 18th. The package left Hong Kong on monday and I got it yesterday. I've dealt with them twice so far and have been quite happy both times.

I wouldn't be surprised if audio-gd's recent sale prices have them backed up a bit.

Sep 23, 2009 at 8:11 PM Post #10 of 22
Chill out, they don't update their site that often. It's likely the C2C was not actually in stock and they had to build one. When I ordered my DAC-19MK3 it was listed as in stock, but it took about a week for them to ship it. Got it overnight from DHL though
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 23, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #11 of 22
I was in the same situation. The delay comes from the 100 hours of burn-in Kingwa insists to complete before shipping. Ordered my C2C over a wheek ago and got it today. Yuppe.
smile_phones.gif

Sep 24, 2009 at 1:27 AM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by driftingbunnies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
paid for compass march 15, got a working one in about may. *shrug* life sucks sometimes

Thats weird unless he said they had a backed up build time. Sorry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back