Dirt-cheap Philips SACD1000 CD players
Dec 3, 2002 at 6:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

wasifazim

His headphones reek of Listerine.
I'm sure some of you have seen this on AA, but for those who haven't, check out some of the messages posted on the hi-rez board..apparently several U.S. retailers have the Philips SACD1000 for US$400 or under. Highway robbery, that's what that is..

- Wasif

Dec 3, 2002 at 6:52 PM Post #2 of 9
Or, possibly the new DVD963SA smokes it. Or, Philips is planning on releasing another $1000+ player in the near future. I hope it's the former, but I'm pretty sure they are getting ready to launch the 2000 model or something.

Dec 3, 2002 at 7:21 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by radrd
Or, possibly the new DVD963SA smokes it. Or, Philips is planning on releasing another $1000+ player in the near future. I hope it's the former, but I'm pretty sure they are getting ready to launch the 2000 model or something.

I doubt it's the former..there's lots of misinformation on the 'web about the DVD963SA, mostly because some of its advertised specs are really those of the SACD1000 and were probably spread by an overzealous salesperson..regardless, the SACD1000 is a pretty sweet machine in its own right, and certainly the best available at the price point..

- Wasif

Dec 3, 2002 at 10:15 PM Post #6 of 9
Dec 4, 2002 at 8:01 AM Post #7 of 9
The Philips rep told me and all the other Chicago dealers that the 963 is the replacement for the SACD1000.This has been printed in the latest Music Direct catalog as well.The guys at Music Direct are ready to proclaim the 963 the very best SACD player to date.I think you will hear this from them in the next mailer.They have had a 963 for a month,since before the catalog shoot, and have been raving about it to anyone who will listen.I still firmly believe it is unwise to spend big money on a digital rig.there are some other big names entering the SACD arena and early promises are that these will all be reasonably priced entries.

Dec 4, 2002 at 8:04 PM Post #9 of 9
I want I want! The difficult part is that I don't seem to be able to find it for $400.... Is it just me? Everywhere seems to be still selling at $999.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back