Dirt Cheap GOOD DAC - Logitech 980-000910 Bluetooth Audio Adapter
Jan 27, 2021 at 6:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

500+ Head-Fier
Ok so I ended up returning the original dirt cheap DAC - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/dirt-cheap-amazon-orei-dac-review-16-24-pleasantly-surprised.952539/

When I realized I had something I picked up a long time ago for my Z906 before the bug bit me
Logitech 980-000910 Bluetooth Audio Adapter
and that this was infact a DAC

So before I talk about the caveat, let me say I own the Bas X A-100 so I can clearly here line noise before/after it's connected to audio source, just on etc. Despite what others may tell you when the Bas X isn't hooked up to an audio source but on there is basically no noise floor so how does this DAC do.

Amazing actually I could audibly hear and immediate difference vs AUX no joke, the clarity increase was amazing I can listen to Phoenix by fall out boy on my DT990's and actually enjoy it, no joke before it was a hissy mess of muddled audio, and it's not like it was some other factor since my Senn 6XX's murder that song with regular aux input, now the 6XX's sound even better too....

So quality is a big check, as far as the noise floor with just the unit powered the noise floor is very high, well past normal volume, adding the line the floor is still higher that regular AUX but it's much closer, so no downside there.

The Caveat -

First let me say when switching tracks on youtube there is a split second weird distortion only sometimes, this may be from the age of my unit or a defect, however it's not really annoying and barely noticeable unless volume is way up, and doesn't offset the insane quality increase I am hearing, but YMMV

Anyway so this is a Bluetooth device, I often brag about my HEDT mobo here, but the truth is without the very special portable antenna with a magnet I can move and stick anywhere on my PC I had A LOT of trouble connecting then I remembered to plug it back in... so very big YMMV for pc users, not sure about what distortion the antenna can create but if you have a low noise USB or want to try a cheap antenna may be worth it to use this device. I don't know what antenna go for but I would pay $10 if I could find something that has less noise than aux when paired with this....

anyway if your using a phone, TV or your PC has strong bluetooth capacity then besides the soft clicking that sometimes happens when going from sound to no sound to sound or vice verse this is a good option if your prioritize low noise and quality

if anyone has this unit and has something to add on the clicking let me know, I may ask logitech to use my warranty in either case

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #2 of 2
UPDATE - that weird pressure/clicking noise is apparently coming from all my digital outputs my SPDIS slot is doing it too so I cannot really blame the receiver

Users who are viewing this thread

Back