Dirt biking and motocross.
Sep 8, 2013 at 10:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

TheMxPenguin

New Head-Fier
I'm pretty new to the audio scene but a long time dirt bike enthusiast. I did some searching and found some motorcycle threads but not much focused on off-road riding. 
thought this could be a place people would share there stories, worst crash, pictures of there bikes, gear, and a quick run down of there dirt biking career.

Well I guess i'll start, I got my first dirt bike when I was twelve. Nothing to powerful just a Yamaha TTR-125, after a few months of riding that thing and all my riding buddies having fancy race bikes I eventually got my own race bike, it was another Yamaha but this time it was the YZ-85. A smaller engine but its was so much faster then my old bike and i was honestly scared of the thing for a few sessions. At some point my dad stopped riding after he crashed his bike and broke a few ribs (side story; during his hospital vist form this crash they found a blocked artery in his chest so I guess that crash saved his life). Since i wasn't old enough to drive at this time I had to take a bit of a break. Fast forward a year or two when my friend called me up one night and told me that he just bought a racing dirt bike [YZ-125] off some guy he has never met and lives 3 and a half hours away... and wants me to drive because he doesn't own a truck. Long story short about that is that the bike is in horrible condition and we spend this past winter fixing it. It also turned out to be a stolen bike, but he still wanted to get it insured and registered with the state. So he buys a rusty frame off ebay and photoshops its VIN onto his bike and goes through the paper work and so on. Then this past winter we finally his bike working and he wanted me to do the test ride, finally after years i'm back on a motorcycle and it feels great. Its not long before we load-up my truck with our bikes and hit the trails with my dads old TTR-230. Then that brings me to now. Now i'm in college [freshman] about 8 hours away from my bikes and missing them a ton.

I've got a few more stories like how i got my limp, dirt bike camp, a few other. but i figured this was long enough for one post, I would love for others to share there experiences but you dont need to make it your life story like it did. 

My bikes:

TTR-125 [sold]
TTR-230 [current main]
YZ-85 [Track bike]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back