Directionally accurate Surround Sound on headphones.
Mar 6, 2020 at 2:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

tripletopper

Head-Fier
I have a long story about getting your reduce to headphones when dad wanted to add a surround sound in his main room and said labor was going to cost $10,000 and that does include equipment which could go anywhere from 200 to 2000.

I knew my friend Jamal zophar 3-2-1 competed in wcg Ultimate Gamer, I wanted the sponsors was Triton a video game headphone company.

he said the surround was so good he could tell within about 5 degrees accuracy in three dimensions where a sound was coming from and react to it naturally. he heard so well he could track right to the person he's aiming at or Dodge bullets in the blind.

I said will it work in movies? he didn't know but he said even if it doesn't you got something that helps you for games.

Sewing 2009 I tried a turtle Beach x41 all the movies sounded awesome. I even plugged it into my PlayStation 3 for blu-rays and most seem to do well.

Background 2009 to 2012 most blu-rays word using Dolby. That I noticed a sharp decline in the realistic 3D sensation as newer and newer movies came.

did I noticed all the good sounding movies wearing Dolby and all the bad sounding movies were in DTS. (I got a logical explanation which does not bash DTS for people who think I'm DTS hating.)

then I call around figure eyes that the Dolby headphone converter in the Turtle Beach adapters, they all assume you're playing on video game machines and that they all have DTS to Dolby converters. On a non gaming Blu-ray player, I either get silenced at DTS or I get very average vague non-directional sound.

and the funny thing is most DTS to Dolby converters do it in such a way so that headphone data gets ruined when going from Dolby 5.1 to Dolby headphone surround. The conversion was designed for a full sound system not a headphone setup. So this in this double conversion some of the information gets lost.

So I tried a Sony Dolby and DTS headphone conversion. Then I found out brands matter. The Sony Sound sounds great except the problem is the surround sound it supposedly in there does that get translated well into acurate directionalism.

I don't know about anybody else but isn't the whole point of a surround sound headphone system is to be able to hear stuff all around you and accurately pinpoint where it is based on how you hear it?

It's like the Sony headphones were optimized for people that weren't like me.

It seems like Turtle Beach are made exclusively for gamers, and when I suggested they should tackle the headphone surround movie market they said why would you want to do that?

Nowadays gaming headphones suck. Secrets of the Turtle Beach DSS what's that you can use literally any headphone that's stereo that's lying around and the Turtle Beach DSS processor will take toslink Dolby input and make it sound in surround.

I thought the new generation of headphones reviews HDMI inputs I be able to do all formats.now these new generation of headphones rely on the fact they're being plugged into games and games have automatic headphone converters built in. Or purchasable as a cheap app, like the Xbox One uses a Dolby Atmos headphone app.

and the weird thing about the Dolby app is that DTS movies through that sound good with the Dolby app.

my suggestion would be a 1 to 1 we're basically Dobby movies I could voted with Dolby headphone DTS movies are connected with DTS headphone and lpcm stuff, which no one thinks of unless you're a Nintendo Wii U or switch owner, need a standard L PCM 5.1 or 7.1 to lpcm headphone converter.

I don't think Dolby or DTS or lpcm is typically superior. The problem is when you translate languages. just like I found out with PlayStation 2 to other machines to another machine double translation usually loses something between the two translations.

and yes I understand that the translator box could be separate from the speaker box.

I tried talking to Best Buy but they say they have nothing for headphones surround sound except for gaming headphones which rely on internal computer processors. And all the movie processors have speaker ports built into them and don't do universal translation of x discrete to x headphones..

is the main objective of buying surround headphones is to be able to hear things in 3D,. then can anyone recommend either a current or old bottle of something that'll take encoded Dolby DTS and even lpcm in the case of Nintendo I convert all those into headphones well enough so I could tell directly what is where with a 2 track headphone track.

and another cool thing about headphone surround is you can broadcast it on Twitch say use your headphones for optimal surround effect and that video game that's encoded in surround will be carried over accurately on your Twitch stream or mixer stream.

Just wondering if anyone knows any good movie decoders that accurately preserves direction and works with all three major moving coding formats. And all versions of them from Dolby Pro logic and Dolby AC3 the Dolby Atmos and DTS x and lpcm 7.1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back