DIR-800C Compatible Soundcard?
Jul 10, 2004 at 12:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

heatpackinyum

New Head-Fier
I finally got the Pioneer SE-DIR800C headphones I'd had my eye on for a while, and figured I'd delurk for a while, at least to ask a question or two.

The Pioneers' Dolby Digital work great using the Toslink connection to my XBox, but I'm having "issues" hooking them to my PC. I have an Audigy 2 ZS which says in the control panel that it's capable of decoding Dolby Digital (in parens next to this is "AC-3"), but in the Pioneer manual (European - can't read the Japanese one) it says "An AC-3 RF input is not provided with this system." Hooking the digital coax into the Audigy yields no sound, and even using the passthrough function when using my DVD drive (powerdvd), I get nothing. Is there a soundcard which outputs the same signals as my Xbox does (what kind of signals are those anyway?)? I'd be happy if I could just find something such that I could watch DVDs on my PC and get DTS or DD, but I figured I'd ask if it was possible to get a soundcard that would allow me to use the Pioneers and DD with games as well (since a growing number are DD capable).

Can someone tell me if I'm waaaaaaaaay off base here or is what I'm looking for reasonable? The DIR-800Cs rock for Xbox and using them with just the RCA 2 channel analog hookup is ok, but still, with as much as I shelled out, I feel like I should be taking fuller advantage of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back