Dimond Buffer Abstracts
Nov 3, 2003 at 8:54 AM Post #17 of 35
I have made a small and cute Daimond buffer with all SMD parts, including the power transistors. The difference compared to the Jung Buffer is that I have used cascodes. This design is totally free from my side including the gerberfiles and if there is some interest I will make pcb's, double sided and with groundplane. The dimension is 1.3 x 1.4 " approx.

Nov 3, 2003 at 4:50 PM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

FREE

you should tell fred......
wink.gif

Nov 3, 2003 at 9:35 PM Post #19 of 35
Quote:

Originally posted by tbla
you should tell fred......
wink.gif

he, he. I'm full of surprises...

A sneak preview is available. If you can't find it, send me a message.

EDIT: I have now got a couple of very cute pcb's which are waiting for parts....

Nov 11, 2003 at 10:54 AM Post #20 of 35
I have tested my micro diamond buffer today.

Rise tíme less than 10 ns. I can't see any difference between input signal and output signal. This buffer fast......

400 mA peak (at least) at +- 15 volts

Noise floor below -110 dB (less than the soundcard)

Offset 7.8 mV

Dist less than 0.009% Can't see any difference between the soundcard alone and the buffer. Walter Jung mentioned in his article dist down to 0.002% which seems to be true.

Those of you who want to see the RightMark results, send me a message.

Picture will come in a few days.

Jan 13, 2004 at 10:24 PM Post #25 of 35
Noone has built it besides myself. Shipping is around 3-4 USD I think. But notice that there is only one channel at the pcb.

EDIT: Now there are six more units (soon built)
biggrin.gif
EDIT2: A couple of more buffers are built without problems, still not a huge success though...

Jun 6, 2004 at 10:15 PM Post #27 of 35
another great link i could not find for the first articial. This app note on the Care and feeding of unity gain buffers is a must read and gives insight as to things like the reason for the Resistor between the opamp output and Buffer input. The Note also covers closed loop topologies as well as conventionial open loop Dimond Buffer. http://www.intersil.com/data/an/an1102.pdf

Jun 6, 2004 at 10:23 PM Post #28 of 35
Phil is that rriad diamond buffer in your signature a new board, any link to it?????

Sep 21, 2004 at 1:55 AM Post #30 of 35
The Maxim circuit in the original post is mine! I've blown it up a few times, as I drive it with a function generator into capacitive loads.

I never meant it to be used for audio, but you can tell my frame of mind when I designed it. Has anyone used the circuit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back