Dilemma
Aug 15, 2007 at 8:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

cling

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys, need advice...
I wanna try the K701s but I might need to trade my HD600s for it...I love HD600s : [ .
I want to try the K701s with my Milett....for gaming
blink.gif

Is it worth it?

Aug 15, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #4 of 8
Well, to be honest I think the Dt990s are better for gaming than hd600s. So much sound stage, you know? Also, I already tested out the HD600s nicely!

Aug 15, 2007 at 10:54 PM Post #5 of 8
Well you could sell the hd555 becasue you have the hd600 which probably has the edge over them.

And then these options I can think of:
1: Find a meet you can go to
2: Try to find someone who is willing to loan/have a mini meet with you and owns k701
3: Wait a little while for enough money to purchase (if you get lucky you can find it sub 300 if not around 250)
4: Loan it from headroom, try it out, if it sounds good right away keep it and sell your other headphones, if it doesn't please you right away burn it for a week or so then try, sell the ones you enjoy the least or return k701

Aug 16, 2007 at 12:02 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicallySilent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well you could sell the hd555 becasue you have the hd600 which probably has the edge over them.

And then these options I can think of:
1: Find a meet you can go to
2: Try to find someone who is willing to loan/have a mini meet with you and owns k701
3: Wait a little while for enough money to purchase (if you get lucky you can find it sub 300 if not around 250)
4: Loan it from headroom, try it out, if it sounds good right away keep it and sell your other headphones, if it doesn't please you right away burn it for a week or so then try, sell the ones you enjoy the least or return k701

These are all great suggestions by MusicallySilent. Also the AKG701s have a bigger soundstage than the HD600. I have both, but I don't play games with them and I would say they are different cans, but both are great. Good luck to you
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 16, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #7 of 8
You guys rock. Honestly. Even when no music is pouring through the most immaculate head-ornaments on top of your domes. Props!
However, games require bass, you know so the footprints can come through nice and punchy. I doubt K701 can be better than dt990 in this sense.

Aug 16, 2007 at 4:44 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by cling /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You guys rock. Honestly. Even when no music is pouring through the most immaculate head-ornaments on top of your domes. Props!
However, games require bass, you know so the footprints can come through nice and punchy. I doubt K701 can be better than dt990 in this sense.

You've got that right. I'll definitely prefer the DT990 over the K701 for gaming. And the HUGE soundstage of the K701 can be somewhat a bad thing for fps games like CS. You might hear footsteps from the whole map lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back