Dilemma: Should I not believe any reviewers who talk about cables or just ignore that section of their review?
Jul 16, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #1,786 of 1,790
Just getting a girlfriend will satisfy three out of four.

Yes, but those can often be a lot more expensive than even very high end gear :wink:

Jul 16, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #1,788 of 1,790
I have put a couple of 'duncan's' posts into the Word spelling and grammar checker and other than some missing spaces here and extra spaces there,  Word is happy.  But I still don't have a clue about what he is trying to say.

Jul 17, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #1,789 of 1,790
I have put a couple of 'duncan's' posts into the Word spelling and grammar checker and other than some missing spaces here and extra spaces there,  Word is happy.  But I still don't have a clue about what he is trying to say.
It's the run-on sentences and lack of grammar. His spelling is spot on, so I assume he's from an English-speaking country. His Judge Judy reference makes me think he's from the US. He is likely simply a victim of poor language education (common among a disturbing number of people I know from the UK and the US) and/or is simply typing in the manner he would speak. You can try reading his posts slowly and imagine someone is speaking to you in a face-to-face conversation, rather as if you were reading a passage from a newspaper article. I'll "translate" one of his posts and see if that helps.
It seems even praising a hi-fi enthusiast here - as in Judge Judy--"no good deed goes unpunished" As I have said before I am not 100% convinced about "the sound of cables" but we are all different why try to mold people into one set ideal. What one person hears another cant --that's a physically proven fact . my wife's hearing is acute a lot better than mine. Why try to apply physiological limits to human beings just because they don't fit in with science. Is there a great fear that if science is proved wrong [and it has many times] that the "sky will fall down" that's bordering on a type of fascism. If somebody has a different view to me then that's life. I could put a viewpoint but never in a "I know better manner". Kids at school get picked on and called names if they are fat--WHY because they don't "conform" to societies "ideal"--society is wrong in that respect as that can harm a child for life and give them " complexes" something that nobody can do to me as I don't accept societies "ideals" and would fight to the death for that cause.

It seems even praising a hi-fi enthusiast here is like, as in Judge Judy, "no good deed goes unpunished". As I have said before, I am not 100% convinced about "the sound of cables". But we are all different; why try to mold people into one set ideal? What one person hears, another can't -- that's a physically proven fact. My wife's hearing is acute - a lot better than mine. Why try to apply physiological limits to human beings just because they don't fit in with science? Is there a great fear that if science is proved wrong (and it has many times), that the "sky will fall down"? That's bordering on a type of fascism. If somebody has a different view to me, then that's life. I could put a viewpoint, but never in a "I know better manner". Kids at school get picked on and called names if they are fat. WHY? Because they don't "conform" to society's "ideal". Society is wrong in that respect as that can harm a child for life and give them "complexes", something that nobody can do to me as I don't accept society's "ideals" and would fight to the death for that cause.

EDIT: As for the topic question, I'd say take it with a grain of salt. I think it's more important if the reviewer has similar musical tastes and preferences as yourself (classical, chill out, dubstep, rock, basshead, treble freak, etc.).

Nov 6, 2013 at 6:41 PM Post #1,790 of 1,790
You'd think you could buy a cable pretty easily with all the commentary of this thread. Whiplash, Norse and Toxic are swamped. Norse and Toxic aren't taking any new orders to catch up with backlogs and wait times are in the months. ALO has made a thriving business of wire. Must be a fashion thing.
wink.gif

I ordered Toxic Hifiman headphone cable through ebay in last January, and I did not have.
Furthermore I could not contact Frank who is the owner.
I lost my patience completely.

Even worse he did not respond my emails so many emails....
I finally gave up.
Do not put any order with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back