Dilemma: Sennheiser IE8's, Audio Technica CK100, Shure SE 420, or Ortofon e-Q7?
Mar 14, 2010 at 9:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jjeremycai

100+ Head-Fier
Hi Head-Fi members, I've been offering a Zune HD for trade or purchase on the gear for sale forum, and I've been offered the following (see title). Any recommendations or preferences? I primarily listen to hip-hop and rock, but my music collection spreads across the genres so all input is appreciated.

Thanks for viewing!

Mar 14, 2010 at 10:17 PM Post #2 of 3
I've tried Audio Technica CK100, and about to try the Ortofon e-Q7.
If you listen to hip-hop and rock, the CK100, may not be the best choice. It excels, though, better than any other universal IEMs with its mids and highs...in particular, j-pop/j-rock. From talking to some other head-fi members who have tried multiple high end universal iems, they would agree that the CK100 cannot be beaten with that category.

However, the Ortofon seems to do better in all other categories than the CK100, with bass (quantity i believe) better than CK100, and mids being about the same and highs a little less detailed than the CK100.

The sennheiser IE8 should have the largest bass impact, but again, I don't know too much about these ( I just read about them). I believe they go well with electronic / trance music.

Lastly, I won't comment on the SE420 since I have not read much about it or heard it before.

Cheers

P.S This thread should not be in this section of the forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back