Dilemma: Audeze LCD-X VS LCD-XC
Apr 20, 2014 at 11:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

DannyB

500+ Head-Fier
I had the opportunity to listen to the LCD-XC on my Moth 2A3 amplifier at the Carolina meet yesterday and it was great. I am very interested in obtaining a pair of these but wonder about the LCD-X model which was not available for comparison.

I have done some searches on this site and it appears the main difference is increased bass response on the X model. 

I REALLY liked the Moth/XC combination. My question is does the X version sound essentially identical except for the bass response? I have a dedicated listening area so it doesn't matter if the cans have an open or closed design. 

PS: Any after market cable strongly recommended for these two headphones?

Apr 21, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #4 of 7
I only listened to the LCD-Xc too. Its bass is wonderful, it's much better than my LCD-2 and LCD-3, but in other sides, I like LCD-3 more, my amplifier is ear909 monitor version

Apr 29, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #6 of 7
I would think that the main reason to pick between the two is whether or not you need a pair of closed cans.

If you need isolation, get the XC.

If you don't, get the X.

All things being equal, I always pick the open cans... but if you need to listen somewhere where there is external noise, or listen near anyone else, then get the closed ones.

Dec 1, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #7 of 7
Resurrecting an old thread. I'm looking at both models. The recommendation still stand that the open back is preferable? I'm looking for bass, but I can always eq the X. Thanks for your input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back