Dilemma after hearing UE Triple Fi
Apr 24, 2008 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 48

AgainstTheGrain

500+ Head-Fier
Well let me start by saying that i have been a proud owner of SE530s for a few months now. i promote shure and endorse them completely.

due to head-fi i have heard many rumblings about the triple fi's. i work in the airport but we don't sell UE. there is another store that does tho. so i went on my lunch break to try out the triple fi.

they seen i had shures so at first they were in shock that i had the se530s. so they didn't hesitate to let me demo the triple fi.

the first thing i noticed were that the triple fi were much harder to put on. i'm used to the nice snug, comfy fit of my shures. the UE were completely different. i used the grey foam similar to the yellow and orange ones shure offers. i didn't like how the UE stuck out my ears but they weren't terribly uncomfortable yet i knew i couldn't lay down with these bad boys.

anywayz i started with some tracks. all were apple lossless. initially i was not overly impressed. i started out with some

Common: The People, and I want you

it wasn't until i put on Be that i started to notice a difference. Then i put on Nas his newest song which i can't say on here lol and i was like daym.

then i put on Linkin Park: Don't Stay if i wasn't in a store my jaw would have dropped. i kept my composure tho. i played my shure right after and it just wasn't the same.

i missed that sound i wanted to go back and listen but i couldn't. now i'm faced with a dilemma do i sell my se530s and go for the triple fi or do i stay true to shure?

the shure are clearly more comfortable but i like the triple fi sound better. i mean i only listened for about 10min but i came away impressed.

what should i do guys?

Apr 24, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #2 of 48
If you liked them a lot, then go for it. The thing is it takes a while to get used to putting them in or figuring out how to get them comfortable. It took me at least a day to get used to Shures or UE. With the Triple.fi, you could also try the flip mod to get them more flush.

Apr 25, 2008 at 12:03 AM Post #3 of 48
You put yourself in a bad position lol... but if you have the funds, i would go for the Tripple fi. if they will make you happy.

Apr 25, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #4 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elluzion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You put yourself in a bad position lol... but if you have the funds, i would go for the Tripple fi. if they will make you happy.

i do but i would have to sell my shures to afford the triple fi. that's why i need to make sure that i'm doing the right thing. i wish i could have listened to them longer.

Apr 25, 2008 at 12:10 AM Post #5 of 48
i used comply tips for my triple fi and it's way more comfortable than stock tips. it has better seal but a little bit small.

Apr 25, 2008 at 12:42 AM Post #6 of 48
It's a tough call. I suspect a big part of it is merely the fact that you have tried something out "new"...a "new" sound and there is always an appeal to that assuming the sound is as good as what you are use to. Kind of like borrowing someone's car to drive. Even if it is similar in stature as yours, the change is kind of cool.

I'm sure the distant and open sound of the TFP's is a nice change of pace from the up front forward midrange of the Shure. And after 3-4 months of that, you'll miss the Shure sound again. When they are both THAT good of IEM's that is bound to happen.

Apr 25, 2008 at 12:56 AM Post #7 of 48
^^^^^ so i should just stick with my shures then? i can't afford both right now and i don't want two similar sounding headphones.

Apr 25, 2008 at 1:00 AM Post #8 of 48
keep the shures until you have a longer listen to the triplefis...

at LEAST another session or two that lasts longer than 10 min!

Apr 25, 2008 at 1:53 AM Post #10 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by AgainstTheGrain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i missed that sound i wanted to go back and listen but i couldn't. now i'm faced with a dilemma do i sell my se530s and go for the triple fi or do i stay true to shure?

the shure are clearly more comfortable but i like the triple fi sound better. i mean i only listened for about 10min but i came away impressed.

what should i do guys?

UE11pro for j00!

Apr 25, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #12 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No way- if the Triple.fi's made you say "daym"...sell your Shures and get them.

Indeed.

Apr 25, 2008 at 2:58 AM Post #13 of 48
A used Triple.fi sell for about the same price as a used SE530, what is there to lose selling your Shure, buying a Triple.fi and enjoying it? If you want the Shure back, just sell your Triple.fi and buy a used Shure again. You will always find a Shure or Triple.fi sold here, once every two weeks or so. Just be sure you buy new foams,
smily_headphones1.gif
Trying out different IEM's and headphones is fun.

Apr 25, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #14 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by flargosa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A used Triple.fi sell for about the same price as a used SE530, what is there to lose selling your Shure, buying a Triple.fi and enjoying it? If you want the Shure back, just sell your Triple.fi and buy a used Shure again. You will always find a Shure or Triple.fi sold here, once every two weeks or so. Just be sure you buy new foams,
smily_headphones1.gif
Trying out different IEM's and headphones is what makes this hobby fun.

$~300 vs. $250 or so?
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back