Dilema
May 17, 2002 at 2:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

impoeticpoet

Head-Fier
I've got a dilema on my hands right now: I have both the SR-80's and the V6's and I want to save some money. That's right: I have to part with one of them. I love the sound of the former, but they are expensive to keep. The latter's sound is sterile but *could* improve with an amp.

The real problem is that I can't sell my V6's at a decent price (bought for 70, 2.5 months ago; prob can't get more than $50), but I want the money to save up for an amp or something.

I love the Grados, but they aren't very practical. The V6's are portable and closed and I can buy an amp and the beyer pads for them if I were to sell the former.

Please help me out here.

Yes, I do use very convoluted English; just couldn't get straight to the point.

the SR-80's are a week old and *can be* up for sale. (can't return them cause I got them off eBay)

May 17, 2002 at 6:00 AM Post #3 of 8
I agree with a1leyez0nm3, sell the Grado's since you should be able to get more cash for them. The beyer pads should help with the Sony's a bit. Hopefully in the future you'll be able to buy yourself a pair of those 80's, i'm listening to mine right now and love them
smily_headphones1.gif

May 17, 2002 at 9:13 AM Post #4 of 8
Sell the cans already in possesion so that he/she can purchase them again?

Sell what ever headphone you least like no matter what the name brand! Buy a headphone amp with the dividends. Send private message to JMT about amp.
md

May 17, 2002 at 11:33 PM Post #5 of 8
I have sent a pm to JMT (Thanks JMT
smily_headphones1.gif
). It's just that I've no cash. I really dislike the V6's compared to the Grados, but they are very good on their own right. They sound cold and analytical and boring and overly sharp; voices are overly siblant and very unatural. Grados have some life in them; I've grown attached to these cans.

You think anyone will be willing to buy my week-old Grado SR-80's for $85? $80?

Thanks

May 17, 2002 at 11:38 PM Post #6 of 8
What, are you mad, man??

You reel off all these horrible adjectives about the sony and say your attached to the grados and yet you're going to sell them?

No, man!

Keep the 80s, dump the sonys, buy a JMT when you get the chance!

Don't give up your good sound for so little $$$!!!

May 18, 2002 at 12:16 AM Post #8 of 8
Why not try to Koss ksc35's? Where would you be using these cans that your so afraid of leakage anyway?

Keep whichever can your more happy with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back