DigiZoid ZO2 + Pro 900 = Distortion (vs. Fiio E5 & E11) *Video*
Feb 17, 2012 at 9:28 AM Post #16 of 112
Well, I just got a chance to listen to my Atrio M5 MG7 IEM's and omg...
basshead.gif

I tested out both my ZO2 and E11 and again, the E11 is much cleaner all around, even in the bass area.
With all my cans, the E11 wins with a landslide. On a good note for the ZO2, there's no distortion through my MG7.

Again, I'm not knocking on the ZO2, I'm a hugeeee basshead that prefers clean audiophile bass.
Quote:
Glad to read this post, I gave serious thought to the Digizoid.  I love my E11

smile.gif

Quote:
Oh well  -seems like I couldn't cancel my order with amazon.

All 3 amps will be coming in lol :p
(Ordered the ZO2 via a very kind head-fier)

You guys will benefit from a comparison and i will lose money on postage :frowning2:

Lol. Good luck. I'm interested in the A10 vs. E11. I couldn't be happier with the sound from my E11.

Feb 18, 2012 at 9:04 AM Post #18 of 112

Quote:

Just got the A10 & E11!
Impressions coming soon :D!

Looking forward to it! Hopefully you hear the same thing I hear with the E11 vs. ZO2 in terms of bass quality. I'm curious to the bass quality and quantity of the A10.

Feb 18, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #20 of 112

Quote:
I ain't got the ZO2 yet bro!

And oh god - the A10 with XB ON, with the MG7's LMAO bass is nice :D

How about the E11? Bass quantity, quality? How important is bass quality to you because after I bought the ZO2, I realized how much I value quality bass.
Let me know if you have problems with the volume being changed while in your pocket with the A10 since there's nothing protecting the volume knob.

Test it out with this song. My favorite/most bass heavy song.
It has punchy bass, sub-bass, fast-paced bass. My E5 couldn't keep up lol. I downloaded this to my iPhone and MP3 player.

What other cans do you have?

I love my E11+MG7 combo.

Feb 18, 2012 at 9:19 AM Post #21 of 112
I ain't even touched the E11 yet lol - so in love with the A10's bass "boost"
Hold up - i'll give you quick impressions in 10mins of the E11.

Earphones I got atm:
-TFTA 1XB -> mid bass king
-TFTA 1V
-MG7 -> possible sub-bass king (needs more burn-in and time to settle with me)
-MP 8320's hehe
-Denon AH-D2000
-Sony XB700

I got too many atm 0.0

Feb 18, 2012 at 9:26 AM Post #22 of 112
Such a shame to see the ZO2 has such issues with the Pro 900s, as I did intent to get one to pair with mine :S Seems like I might have to eventually grab a Fiio E17 and just be done with the whole thing. Still, the Pro 900s do pair quite nicely with the PA2V2, no doubt there :)

Feb 18, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #24 of 112
I'm sorry Nurse,
I can't give your mini-impressions on the E11 - its completely out of battery, doesn't even switch on.
I'll be back later when its got a little juice :)

EDIT:
The bass boost on the A10 - surpasses the E5, by A MILE.
I also don't think I should ever mention the E5 again - even though its a point of reference, its just that I feel something is wrong with it. (hardware, this only happened recently)

When i have bass boost off on the E5, the right driver on my ear/headphones is louder than the left.
Then I put bass boost ON - its equalised.

Unless this is how it is -non-faulty?
-> If that's the case, I'll be putting up a "sales thread" for a free to go to a new home. (on the E5)
As "not working 100%"

Could someone with an E5 come in with some input?
I have noticed this on 3 main headphones.
The D2K's, MG7's, TFTA 1XB's

All have had the same effect.
With the A10, this effect is not like this.

(PS. My E5 review on head-fi was based on when it was fully functioning)

Feb 18, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #25 of 112

Quote:
Such a shame to see the ZO2 has such issues with the Pro 900s, as I did intent to get one to pair with mine :S Seems like I might have to eventually grab a Fiio E17 and just be done with the whole thing. Still, the Pro 900s do pair quite nicely with the PA2V2, no doubt there :)

Coming from a PA2V2, I think you'd notice the lesser bass quality immediately with the Pro 900 as I did when comparing it to my E11.
I'd love to get an E17 when it comes out in the US.
The bass boost on the E11 is definitely nice. What are you using to play your music? Apparently the E11 sounds slightly better than the E17 from a pure amp standpoint.

Quote:
I'm sorry Nurse,
I can't give your mini-impressions on the E11 - its completely out of battery, doesn't even switch on.
I'll be back later when its got a little juice :)

EDIT:
The bass boost on the A10 - surpasses the E5, by A MILE.
I also don't think I should ever mention the E5 again - even though its a point of reference, its just that I feel something is wrong with it. (hardware, this only happened recently)

When i have bass boost off on the E5, the right driver on my ear/headphones is louder than the left.
Then I put bass boost ON - its equalised.

Unless this is how it is -non-faulty?
-> If that's the case, I'll be putting up a "sales thread" for a free to go to a new home. (on the E5)
As "not working 100%"

Could someone with an E5 come in with some input?
I have noticed this on 3 main headphones.
The D2K's, MG7's, TFTA 1XB's

All have had the same effect.
With the A10, this effect is not like this.

(PS. My E5 review on head-fi was based on when it was fully functioning)

I would probably take your E5 just to see what you're talking about. Was it like that before?
I have an E5 and I haven't had that problem.

Ahh yes. I remember I had to change my E11 for about 2 hours before I can use it
tongue.gif

Feb 18, 2012 at 10:23 AM Post #26 of 112
BTW Roller, read post #2. I'm not the only one that feels this way with the Pro 900 + ZO2. I will strongly recommend the E11 > ZO2 for the Pro 900. If you have the two to compare side-by-side, the difference is significant, and even more-so using the Pro 900.

Feb 18, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #27 of 112

Quote:
I would probably take your E5 just to see what you're talking about. Was it like that before?
I have an E5 and I haven't had that problem.

Ahh yes. I remember I had to change my E11 for about 2 hours before I can use it
tongue.gif

haha :p

I would rather give it to someone who doesn't own an amp :)
But it seems that if you don't have the problem, with the L/R drivers, it must be that the E5 is faulty.

I could...open it up..somehow lol

Feb 18, 2012 at 10:28 AM Post #28 of 112

Quote:

haha :p

I would rather give it to someone who doesn't own an amp :)
But it seems that if you don't have the problem, with the L/R drivers, it must be that the E5 is faulty.

I could...open it up..somehow lol

Yea, I just realized that you said it works fine with the bass boost on. So someone can actually benefit from it. Otherwise if it was completely faulty, I would've taken it/prob given it to my friend.

You could try that.

Feb 18, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #29 of 112

Quote:
BTW Roller, read post #2. I'm not the only one that feels this way with the Pro 900 + ZO2. I will strongly recommend the E11 > ZO2 for the Pro 900. If you have the two to compare side-by-side, the difference is significant, and even more-so using the Pro 900.

I did MrNurse, and I was disappointed to see the first choice ending up underperforming against my expectations.

I don't even consider the E11 due to Fiio's several design choices that steered me far away from E11, which initially was a rather valid option. As of now, only E17 stands to be a valid alternative.

Feb 18, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #30 of 112

Quote:
I did MrNurse, and I was disappointed to see the first choice ending up underperforming against my expectations.

I don't even consider the E11 due to Fiio's several design choices that steered me far away from E11, which initially was a rather valid option. As of now, only E17 stands to be a valid alternative.

Yea :frowning2: The ZO2 was my first choice too and I thought it would be amazing.

Design-wise, I love the ZO2! I love the look, the size, the LED lights!

I wish the E11 was like that. It's a bit large for when I'm at the gym so I'm looking for something more portable which is why I'm condering the A10.
Sound-wise, the E11 is perfect for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back