DigiZoid ZO a good option for me?
Feb 2, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #16 of 26
I have a ZO2 (2.1 to be specific) and use it with my Denons all the time...in fact, I simply can't use them (or any of my other headphones) without it now.  Anyway. adding fullness to the sound is definitely the best way to describe it and based on what you're looking for, it seems to me that you'd be very happy with a ZO2.

Feb 3, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #17 of 26
Maybe no one in europe has decided to become dealers for them. If you look in the classifies section you'll see like 2 of them for sale.

Feb 3, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #18 of 26
Well the shipping is only like $14 I think it was or something to europe, so doesn't hurt to buy directly from digizoid and with the current USD > EUR conversion you might even benefit from it...

$113 USD incl shipping = 86 EUR, I bet in europe they'd sell it for like 90 EUR + shipping from retailers here due to taxes and stuff. Food for thought.

Feb 5, 2012 at 6:28 PM Post #19 of 26

Quote:
Well the shipping is only like $14 I think it was or something to europe, so doesn't hurt to buy directly from digizoid and with the current USD > EUR conversion you might even benefit from it...

$113 USD incl shipping = 86 EUR, I bet in europe they'd sell it for like 90 EUR + shipping from retailers here due to taxes and stuff. Food for thought.

Yeah that sound ok. I was just looking around.
biggrin.gif
I have a Cmoy 4 home and when I get some better portable HP and feel the need 4 a portable amp and more bass I'm def. gonna get ZO.
wink.gif

Feb 6, 2012 at 2:44 PM Post #20 of 26
Many thanks for the inputs guys!

Well I contacted digiZoid - they are great people :)
They offered a refund within 60days if I'm not happy too

I haven't bought it just yet, saying that, as RPG said, I can buy it directly from them for $118 -> £75 or so.

I would prefer to get it cheaper via these forums, but there has been no bite yet, and the 2 sale threads have expired + where US/CONUS only...:/
So I'll definitely get one in the end, if I get no luck from here in 2 weeks or so, I'll buy it directly from digiZoid :)

Some questions I had were:
-Hiss wise, when, if ever should i experience hiss -> by this I mean will my Samsung Galaxy S make it hiss coupled with my Denon AH-D2000 or TFTA 1XB's?
-Returns, what is your return policy like, if it were to have a hiss or something, would I be able to return it to you guys for a full refund?
-I'm in France atm, so it would have to be shipped out to me, I saw shipping is $18, which is a great price, however how long will it take to arrive here (an estimate is what am after)
-Has the ZO2 v3 got a on/off switch?
-Does the bass, on the lowest setting, leave the bass as it is, in other words on the lowest contour setting, is the bass not amplified and left alone?
-What accessories does the ZO2 come with? any bands or anything like that for example?

Replies, from a user called Jose:
I can answer the basics of this:
- You'll probably get a bit of hiss from the ahd2000 coming out of the phone, and it'll be a bit more noticeable on high gain (I have the same phone). Overall not too displeasing, since when the music hits you won't really notice it, but yes it will exist.
- zo2 comes with a charger and two male-male 3.5mm cables of varying length.
- on/off is done with its simple yet effective single button/toggle
- Lowest setting of the contour pretty much leaves the bass alone (at least to my ear).

Overall its a wonderful device, and while many purists on head-fi may not like it for its coloration, if you enjoy electronic dance music/rap/hip-hop, you'll definitely be in for a treat. Else, bass on any genre will be nothing short of angelic.

From digiZoid:
Hello Chris. To answer your first question, when using the AH-D2000 you probably won't hear any hiss; however, with the TFTA 1XBs, you may notice a slight hiss. But as Jose said, it shouldn't be displeasing or distracting when music is playing.

If for whatever reason you want to return ZO, we give you 60 days to return, and will refund you for the purchase price. Our shipping carrier is USPS, and they quote a 6-10 business day expected delivery.

Jose did a great job answering everything else for you. =)

If anyone has any more input regarding these questions, that would be great!

Feb 7, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #21 of 26
They sure are great people to deal with. I had called them also and they were more than helpful to me.!!!! A++++++ great seller :-D hahaha

Feb 7, 2012 at 1:02 AM Post #22 of 26

Quote:
Many thanks for the inputs guys!

Well I contacted digiZoid - they are great people :)
They offered a refund within 60days if I'm not happy too

I haven't bought it just yet, saying that, as RPG said, I can buy it directly from them for $118 -> £75 or so.

I would prefer to get it cheaper via these forums, but there has been no bite yet, and the 2 sale threads have expired + where US/CONUS only...:/
So I'll definitely get one in the end, if I get no luck from here in 2 weeks or so, I'll buy it directly from digiZoid :)

Some questions I had were:
-Hiss wise, when, if ever should i experience hiss -> by this I mean will my Samsung Galaxy S make it hiss coupled with my Denon AH-D2000 or TFTA 1XB's?
-Returns, what is your return policy like, if it were to have a hiss or something, would I be able to return it to you guys for a full refund?
-I'm in France atm, so it would have to be shipped out to me, I saw shipping is $18, which is a great price, however how long will it take to arrive here (an estimate is what am after)
-Has the ZO2 v3 got a on/off switch?
-Does the bass, on the lowest setting, leave the bass as it is, in other words on the lowest contour setting, is the bass not amplified and left alone?
-What accessories does the ZO2 come with? any bands or anything like that for example?

Replies, from a user called Jose:
I can answer the basics of this:
- You'll probably get a bit of hiss from the ahd2000 coming out of the phone, and it'll be a bit more noticeable on high gain (I have the same phone). Overall not too displeasing, since when the music hits you won't really notice it, but yes it will exist.
- zo2 comes with a charger and two male-male 3.5mm cables of varying length.
- on/off is done with its simple yet effective single button/toggle
- Lowest setting of the contour pretty much leaves the bass alone (at least to my ear).

Overall its a wonderful device, and while many purists on head-fi may not like it for its coloration, if you enjoy electronic dance music/rap/hip-hop, you'll definitely be in for a treat. Else, bass on any genre will be nothing short of angelic.

From digiZoid:
Hello Chris. To answer your first question, when using the AH-D2000 you probably won't hear any hiss; however, with the TFTA 1XBs, you may notice a slight hiss. But as Jose said, it shouldn't be displeasing or distracting when music is playing.

If for whatever reason you want to return ZO, we give you 60 days to return, and will refund you for the purchase price. Our shipping carrier is USPS, and they quote a 6-10 business day expected delivery.

Jose did a great job answering everything else for you. =)

If anyone has any more input regarding these questions, that would be great!

Haha, I'm totally the "Jose" that replied!

I absolutely love their device, its so "unique", truly something you've got to hear to believe. I've used it with ahd2000s, Ultrasone Pro 900s, HFI-580s, Klipsch Image s4s, Koss PortaPros, Grado SR80is, and I can't recommend it enough if you're looking for something that isn't just a "pure" amp, but something that colors the music into something so wonderfully musical.

Just do yourself a favor and indulge. If nothing comes from it you lose out on shipping since they'll accept a no questions asked return for 60 days. However, I assure you that the few that have dived into this product and enjoy it, simply can't live without it.

Feb 7, 2012 at 1:24 AM Post #23 of 26
In my opinion the ZO2 is well worth the price Digizoid is asking..I got mine a few days ago and am loving it.  Still having some issues using my crossfades with a LOD instead of a regular 3.5-3.5 though.  Not near enough volume is produced in low gain mode with my v-moda crossfades..HOWEVER, when using the LOD in low gain with my M6 IEMs, this device is magical.  It produces smooth, silky sound.  Warm and enveloping bass while not taking over the mids and highs.  The types of music I normally listen to (dubstep/glitch/hip-hop/DnB) come to live with the ZO.  Other types of none bass heavy music sound great as well with the contour at ~0.

Cant really lose much with their return policy (aside from shipping cost)

Be sure to report back with your thoughts!

Feb 7, 2012 at 3:58 AM Post #24 of 26

Quote:
Haha, I'm totally the "Jose" that replied!

I absolutely love their device, its so "unique", truly something you've got to hear to believe. I've used it with ahd2000s, Ultrasone Pro 900s, HFI-580s, Klipsch Image s4s, Koss PortaPros, Grado SR80is, and I can't recommend it enough if you're looking for something that isn't just a "pure" amp, but something that colors the music into something so wonderfully musical.

Just do yourself a favor and indulge. If nothing comes from it you lose out on shipping since they'll accept a no questions asked return for 60 days. However, I assure you that the few that have dived into this product and enjoy it, simply can't live without it.

I'm sold already!!
Please stop, and take my money already :p!
haha

I'll reduce that time to a week now - if no luck, I'll be buying it straight from them! My patience is very limited lol!

Quote:
In my opinion the ZO2 is well worth the price Digizoid is asking..I got mine a few days ago and am loving it.  Still having some issues using my crossfades with a LOD instead of a regular 3.5-3.5 though.  Not near enough volume is produced in low gain mode with my v-moda crossfades..HOWEVER, when using the LOD in low gain with my M6 IEMs, this device is magical.  It produces smooth, silky sound.  Warm and enveloping bass while not taking over the mids and highs.  The types of music I normally listen to (dubstep/glitch/hip-hop/DnB) come to live with the ZO.  Other types of none bass heavy music sound great as well with the contour at ~0.

Cant really lose much with their return policy (aside from shipping cost)

Be sure to report back with your thoughts!

I will do - thanks for the feedback.

Actually a question I saw reported a few times - does using your phone interfere with the ZO2v3?
If I were going to use it, it would be with my samsung galaxy s - on-the-go -> I'm wondering if having it plugged in, in a phone will affect it in anyway?

Feb 12, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #25 of 26
Due to where digizoid are located (US) and thus if I want to return it, it would be a pain, i went and ordered the soundmagic a10 AND the FiiO E11 from amazon (although the a10 is fulfilled by amp3)

Long story short, I'll try both of them, and compare them over here - and if I like either or dislike both, I'll return them and get the digizoid and bite the bullet for the postage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back