Digital XLR vs Digital RCA
Aug 8, 2020 at 7:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mitchb

1000+ Head-Fier
Which should make a better sounding cable! An XLR digital cable with DH Labs D-110 with good quality Kryo XLR’s $150XLR with $88 DH Labs cable OR
Single Crystal Pure Silver cable with WBT RCA’s $150 for RCA’s made by Audio Art $600 cable

Aug 8, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #2 of 7
I hear XLR are a better format for digital but the Audio Art pure Single Crystal Silver cable should be better than the DH Labs D-110 cable which is what I am using XLR and it sounds good but I will try the RCA’s soon.

Aug 9, 2020 at 2:30 PM Post #4 of 7
The cable on my RCA is a better quality pure single crystal silver as opposed to a lesser quality DH Labs D-110 cable for the XLR which sounds good. I get the RCA Monday to try and compare

Aug 10, 2020 at 5:25 AM Post #5 of 7
The cable on my RCA is a better quality pure single crystal silver as opposed to a lesser quality DH Labs D-110 cable for the XLR which sounds good. I get the RCA Monday to try and compare
It's not about cable. This is digital transfer, so any appropriate coaxial cable with proper termination (75 Ohm or 110 Ohm) will do the job. My reply was about posibble differences on transport / DAC side, where I experienced surprising diffs. But in case of well engineered DAC there will be no difference at all. When I upgraded to Benchmark DAC3, I tested all kinds of its inputs and there really is zero difference, exactly as manufacturer claims. In contrast, I used to have AudioGD DAC19 and there USB was worse than Coax.

Aug 12, 2020 at 2:21 AM Post #6 of 7
Hello tesarpa
I got the Audio Art Silver Statement digital cable earlier today and although at first straight out of the bag the cable sounded identical after about an hour or two the sound of the new RCA Statement cable was so much obviously better that I have stopped A-Bing the two cables and I am just enjoying the new cable, There is more clarity detail and sparkle with less smearing. So far this cable is what I hoped it would be. In answer to my own question there is little to no difference between XLR and RCA in my system with the PS Audio Perfectwave transport and Directstream dac. I'm getting much better sound with the better cable.

Aug 12, 2020 at 6:18 AM Post #7 of 7
Hello tesarpa
I got the Audio Art Silver Statement digital cable earlier today and although at first straight out of the bag the cable sounded identical after about an hour or two the sound of the new RCA Statement cable was so much obviously better that I have stopped A-Bing the two cables and I am just enjoying the new cable, There is more clarity detail and sparkle with less smearing. So far this cable is what I hoped it would be. In answer to my own question there is little to no difference between XLR and RCA in my system with the PS Audio Perfectwave transport and Directstream dac. I'm getting much better sound with the better cable.
I'm glad it works for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back