Digital/USB Piano
Jan 29, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My main problem is a slight delay. I am currently using crap onboard graphics on my laptop though until I can get my desktop going, so hopefully that problem will sort itself out.

If you're experiencing delay, you need to adjust your sound card settings. If that still doesn't help then you should probably invest in a cheapy m-audio audiophile or something. You can snag em used off ebay for like 30 bucks (for an internal one for your PC at least external costs a bit more.). They work.

Alternately you may want to try installing a driver called ASIO4ALL. That is what I used before I had a sound card and it helped a lot. Go google it and then select it inside FL studio.

FL is a great program. I haven't used it in a while since I've been focusing on projects in ableton and reason lately but if I remember correctly you go to options.. then audio settings.. and then adjust the slider as far to the left (less milliseconds) as possible without getting clipping/distortion.

Jan 29, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #17 of 19
OK, my AV710 basically is a cheapy m-audio audiophile so hopefully my desktop should be OK.

ya I played around with that but I can only het it down to about 50-55ms without distortion.

FL installed aiso4all, but I have no idea how to use/configure it. I can look that up though. Ill have more time over the weekend to mess with this stuff and setup my desktop.

Jan 29, 2008 at 8:20 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by drizek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FL installed aiso4all, but I have no idea how to use/configure it. I can look that up though. Ill have more time over the weekend to mess with this stuff and setup my desktop.

Like i said...
biggrin.gif
Install asio for all, then open FL and you go to options.. then audio settings, select asio4all from the drop down menu, and then adjust the slider as far to the left (less milliseconds) as possible without getting clipping/distortion.

Jan 29, 2008 at 3:42 PM Post #19 of 19
Thanks, that did the trick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back