digital room correction freeware that you can use to apply directly to sound files?
Nov 29, 2012 at 8:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

budget minded

New Head-Fier
i wasn't even aware that there's freeware out there now you can use to perform digital room correction with, at least in "squeezebox format" regarding "align" and i'd like to know if that program, or one of the other DRCs can be used to apply EQ directly to sound files for porting over to a media tank. that would be a lot cheaper than $350 for a behringer DEQ2496 which might have questionable reliability from what i've been reading.

i'm not a fan of computers, so this kind of thing is outside my audio knowledge. i imagine there's members here that are doing this already as i see a lot of ahead of the curve gear people are working with in general here.

for just the $50 for a calibrated mic and under $200 for the western digital live box i was planning to get anyways to eventually drive a western electric DAC, i can't think of a cheaper upgrade to my system with as much potential improvement.

i would imagine if align can apply EQ to tracks live, it probably has a save feature too. besides the idea of EQing and upgrading my digital front end, not having to hunt for CDs anymore and load them and wait for them to change too would be nice as well as i think you can make playlists with media tanks too, or at least just create folders with duplicate tracks. 1TB is a lot of storage! i only have a couple hundred CDs if that.

anyone know how to make DRC work with pre-recorded WAVs?

Nov 30, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #3 of 3
all three of those will let you apply EQ to WAVs and save them with the new EQ? any info on if one of them does higher fidelity correction than the others? i was just trying to find the link to possibly a 4th shareware program too. OK, i guess it was the DRC homepage as the downloads versions page link you provided looks familiar. the DRC program at least looked graphically interesting with it's waterfall plotting, but it didn't look the best at total frequency correction as the bass remained jagged in it's corrections.

i'll have to take a look to the forum link in the first link you provided. maybe i can learn more about the pros and cons of each of these programs. my main priority is the most artifact free high fidelity possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back