digital optical cable for headset
Nov 18, 2009 at 3:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

turboleggy

New Head-Fier
Does an optical cable have the ability to both send and receive data? Specificaly I'm buyinh the tritton 5.1 headset for my xbox and was hoping a single optical cable could both deliver audio to the cans and send audio from my mic.

Nov 18, 2009 at 4:33 AM Post #2 of 5
Looking at the manual it does not seem like it. To connect the mic it looks like you have to plug in a wire from the headphone controller to the game controller. For a PC or a PS3 you have to plug a USB cable into the computer/game console. Also, the manual refers to the optical only being audio out from your source. It seems like there are quite a few wires you have to use. A wall wort, a optical cable, and a third cable for the mike.

Nov 18, 2009 at 6:39 AM Post #4 of 5
Not going to happen. There are no headsets that have a dac/sound card inside, they get their signal from your sound card's analog in/outs.

Nov 18, 2009 at 2:31 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermafia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not going to happen. There are no headsets that have a dac/sound card inside, they get their signal from your sound card's analog in/outs.

Well, in this case there's a little box that comes with the headset, and that has the DAC in it, and it accepts optical. He was wondering if one cable connected to the box could carry game audio and his voice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back