'Digital' noise from DAC.
Oct 22, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #31 of 40
Tiresome. So much argumentativeness. This is becoming more like professional wrestling than a discussion forum.

Oct 22, 2022 at 4:02 PM Post #32 of 40
Because your questions didn’t reflect what I said. If you start out twisting what I say, I’m not going to go back for more. Would you care to ask a question without telling me what I think along with it?

I was careful to ask you questions specifically related to your claims. Kind of like how you’ve been asking people for specific examples when they claim that they hear the differences in DACS for a decade..

Happy to continue the conversation if you want to discuss the technology and not Mac vs PC dogma. I’m an agnostic on that front. There have been very few use cases in the last decade or so where either platform has a technical edge and those exceptions are overwhelmingly based on a specific software title’s availability, not the hardware.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2022 at 4:22 AM Post #33 of 40
You really don't want to hear from me. Why do you keep asking? I honestly don't care one way or the other. This is just an Internet forum. I don't know why people get so invested in it.

Oct 24, 2022 at 1:23 PM Post #35 of 40
I don't see any point in arguing with you. I'm not angry at you. I'm just tired of the argumentativeness and I'm not going to engage with you in that way any more.

Oct 24, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #36 of 40
I don't see any point in arguing with you. I'm not angry at you. I'm just tired of the argumentativeness and I'm not going to engage with you in that way any more.

I see. So you’ve given yourself a pass on needing to support your claims made in SS. The same thing you’ve asked dozens if not hundreds of posters for over the years.

Perhaps you could stop deflecting and personalizing this and answer some fairly simple questions. If you deflect again without answering, I’ll conclude you pulled those “facts” out of somewhere dark and move on as casting marketing material and groupthink as fact makes for poor discussion in this subforum.

Oct 24, 2022 at 3:29 PM Post #37 of 40
If you will calm down and not be so accusatory and argumentative, I’d be happy to talk to you. But when you act so aggressive, I don’t see any reason to. I’m done feeding into the crazy in these arguments.

Oct 24, 2022 at 4:15 PM Post #38 of 40
If you will calm down and not be so accusatory and argumentative, I’d be happy to talk to you. But when you act so aggressive, I don’t see any reason to. I’m done feeding into the crazy in these arguments.

Another deflection with personal attacks - compelling evidence...

I tried. It’s clear you can’t support your claims.so I’ll move on.

Oct 24, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #39 of 40
If it only happens with the PC, it’s some sort of grounding issue in the PC. Not alll PCs are optimized for sound the way Macs are.
Macs have usb noise as well. They are PCs after all... well were for the most part. They cant magically stop EMI noise.

Oct 24, 2022 at 4:31 PM Post #40 of 40
The EMI interference in Macs usually comes from either an ungrounded MacBook (plugging it in to the power brick solves it) or by the Apple monitor. They had a particular model of studio display that was funky. I don't have that problem with my Cinema Display, but I wouldn't recommend Apple monitors in general. They're usually good (with the exception of that one model), but way overpriced.

Since the 8500AV, Apple has designed their computers for media. They've always had great onboard sound. You never had to add sound cards. PC's in the past (>5 years ago) were designed for a wide range of uses, and some were more intended for number crunching than being used as a media computer. It's different now, because almost everyone wants audio and video on their PC now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back