Digital Drugs? Headphones + Internet = Getting High
Jul 24, 2010 at 2:18 PM Post #31 of 37
I couldn't tell what you meant there Fido. You hope what he said was a joke? He was a bit exaggerated but the general idea that Americans believe that any pleasure  is bad I think is very true. This digital "drug" doesn't even really work. Even then, parents still freak out despite no detrimental side effects. Why?

Jul 25, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #32 of 37
I must disagree DDVX. ALL Americans do not think pleasure is bad. I don't. I am assuming you don't. That's 2 Americans in just this tiny forum. It's not fair to disparage religion and morality that way. We need rules and guidance. Rules make things nice for everyone. An example would be all the illegitimate and/or abandoned children running around out there due to a lack of morality/responsibility on the part of the "participants". Sex is quite pleasurable but maybe a little forethought and preparation would be nice huh? For instance: being old enough to understand what you're getting into emotionally etc. There are hundreds more possible examples. Murder might be "pleasurable" to some. Is murder bad? Why?

I mean no offense to anyone. I'm just making a point.

peace
happy_face1.gif

Jul 25, 2010 at 6:25 PM Post #33 of 37
I understand what you're saying and you're right that I don't think it is bad. Of course when I say things like that I take into account that you are old enough to understand moderation and responsibility. If someone is doing this (pretending that it was an intense high) so much that it affected their lives, then of course it should be regulated. There can always be too much of a good thing. However, the basic act isn't a problem.

Murder isn't a good example because it negatively affects someone else: the one murdered, obviously. Soft-core drugs, alcohol included, don't negatively affect anyone in terms of the effects (not taking into account what that person does that might harm someone while under the influence. That is a different topic.). When I say that nothing is wrong with it, I mean legally. I believe rehab is the correct place to send someone IF they have problems, not jail.

Hopefully I'm not delving too deep here heh.

Jul 26, 2010 at 9:35 AM Post #34 of 37
I still prefer to buy tubes - preferably NOS, roll a few, light them up - take it all in and enjoy my tunes.  These tracks don't have the same effect - I'd rather listen to music than these tracks whilst I am bathing in the glow of the tube effect anyway.

Jul 27, 2010 at 6:24 AM Post #35 of 37

Quote:
I still prefer to buy tubes - preferably NOS, roll a few, light them up - take it all in and enjoy my tunes.  These tracks don't have the same effect - I'd rather listen to music than these tracks whilst I am bathing in the glow of the tube effect anyway.

I knew it!! Tube freaks have been promoting this technology because it gets them high! I KNEW IT. Hee Hee. Seriously, I'm with you. What could be better than the liquid sound of beautifully produced music as heard through tube electronics? (OK, I run a T-amp, but I'm sure you get what I mean.) Actually, my first integrated amp was a Dynaco SCA-35 that my dad built from a kit in the mid-60s. I guess my early use of "mind-altering" electronics has ruined me.

Let's make a movie called "Tube Madness." I'm sure the national PTA will be appropriately up in arms.

P.S. I'm a little confused about all this "rolling" and "lighting up" of tubes. I tried that, but I burned my lips.

Jul 31, 2010 at 12:38 AM Post #36 of 37
Because I'm sure that isn't a troll article...

Jul 31, 2010 at 2:45 PM Post #37 of 37

Quote:
Because I'm sure that isn't a troll article...

This is a real thing, in the sense that there are people who believe this stuff will do something for you. I recall some time ago someone showed me a website that actually has you pay for this stuff.

I would call it snake oil, but at least if you buy snake oil, you have a tangible product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back