Digital Coaxial vs. AUX question
Oct 20, 2020 at 6:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

wmischke

Head-Fier
I have a Fiio M11 Pro, which has a digital coaxial output. If I want to connect it to the RCA inputs on my active bookshelf speakers, I am wondering if there is any benefit to using the digital coaxial output, over simply plugging an AUX to RCA cord into the 3.5mm headphone jack. I hope my question makes sense - any input is appreciated.

Oct 20, 2020 at 6:19 PM Post #2 of 4
Digital outputs need a digital input if your speakers don’t have that input then no . The coaxial output is meant to go into a dac and then a amp or preamp so going into your powered speakers you have to go with the line out of the M11 Pro.

Oct 21, 2020 at 12:14 AM Post #3 of 4
Digital outputs need a digital input if your speakers don’t have that input then no . The coaxial output is meant to go into a dac and then a amp or preamp so going into your powered speakers you have to go with the line out of the M11 Pro.

That's exactly what I needed to know. Thank you.

Oct 21, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #4 of 4
I have a Fiio M11 Pro, which has a digital coaxial output. If I want to connect it to the RCA inputs on my active bookshelf speakers, I am wondering if there is any benefit to using the digital coaxial output, over simply plugging an AUX to RCA cord into the 3.5mm headphone jack. I hope my question makes sense - any input is appreciated.
I would suggest using the Line-output (not headphone output) function of the FiiO M11 Pro, to connect to the RCA inputs on the studio monitors. Not sure which jack on the M11 Pro is for the Line-output function or if there is setting you need to use for Line-output function.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back