Digital Camera
Jul 1, 2001 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

raymondlin

Architect &Musical Fidelity X-Man v2
Right, I think it's time for me to get a digital camera now. Gone through the APS thing as it's too bloody expensive to develope the films. I have a few criteria that the camera needs to come in, they are in the order of importance.

1. £300 maximum perfer to be around £200 mark

2. Able to take close up shots

3. USB connection.

4. two million pixels (is that enough)? I might do some work on photoshop with the pictures as well.

5. Zoom

6. Small

Jul 1, 2001 at 8:40 PM Post #2 of 5
Hmmm, what about the Canon Digital Ixus? Or the Fujifilm FinePix4700Z/4800Z? These are quite nice and very small. Or maybe Sony's DSC-P1?

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Jul 2, 2001 at 11:18 AM Post #3 of 5
I have checked out the NEW Canon Ixus Digital and it really is very good.

Its very small and does Mpeg capture, at PAL res and above (640*480) although the length of the clips it can do gets stupid at that high res. The only other camera that does PAL res mpeg i know of is the Sony one (the one they advertise P-1 or something).

You can pick it up for £479 or less maybe - i know thats more than £300 but its worth it.

Its USB, has macro for (very) close up shots and 2.1 mega pixel. I would take too much notice of th megapixel thing. I believe its the pixels the CCD had, but this image is then downsampled to give the picture at whatever res you want it, say 1024*768. So all those million million pixels have been downsampled, albeit in a clever way, but really its more about marketing speak. The more you pay, the better you get. DOn't worry bout the megapixel!

Jul 2, 2001 at 1:33 PM Post #4 of 5
This is a great site for digital camera reviews.

http://www.dpreview.com

Good luck!
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 2, 2001 at 7:08 PM Post #5 of 5
Also check photo.askey.net. Phil Askey can be a bit annoying sometimes, but he has interesting reviews there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back