Digital Audio Problem....my M3 has finally been filled up. DAP/MD/DCDP content inside
Sep 24, 2005 at 10:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

CloudySkies

100+ Head-Fier
So it's gotten to the point where my iAUDIO M3 has finally been filled up and I'm having trouble finding folders/files to delete to make new room, this truly is a sad sad day for me. Unless somebody can come up with a way to swap out the M3's 20 GB h-drive with a 40GB successfully(warranty is almost up anyway)....I'm going to need another digital audio player. The way I see it, I can do one of 3 things: 1) I could buy a 40GB "cheapo" device like the 40GB Zen XTRA for roughly $200ish, then store all of my files on the Zen and mainly use it around the house while I then limit the M3 to portable use and only store my favorites on it. 2) I can revisit my Sony dnf-400 cd player/buy a new cd player and buy a ton of cd-rw media while using this in a similar at home only situation. And finally I have option 3) I could use this opportunity to finally look into MiniDisks and basically do the same thing as situation 2 but with a MD player. All of my music is either LAME/EAC encoded or of 192+kbp quality mp3, so different formats aren't really an issue. However, I have used MP3 Gain to edit the volume levels of my files, would this raise any compatability issues?

Aside from general suggestions as to what you would personally do, I also have a few questions. As far as PCDPs go, is the dnf-400 still thought of as being pretty good, or has it been significantly surpassed by other cd players within recent years? It's stock sound quality is pretty good in my opinion, and actually better than the M3, but I'm not a huge fan of it's EQ though and would prefer a traditional 6 band EQ isntead of just bass/mid/treble swatches that basically do jack for personal customization. I bought it about 2 years ago, and this may be pointless, but does anybody know if I can somehow track down a compatable remote for it with a decent ID3 display? And as far as data cds go, I've never actually tried running one on it before with imbedded folder setups. Does anybody know if the dnf-400 would display file-tree navigation like the M3 does, or would it just play through from track 1 through track___ like older cd players?

Then as far as MiniDisks go, I don't even know where to start.....all I'd really want or need is a full ID3 display via either an on-screen display or remote, any suggestions for reasonable models that I could look into?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back