Digital Audio Player with digital output
Nov 19, 2015 at 10:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

HiAudio

100+ Head-Fier
I am looking for a good quality Digital Audio Player to play lossless (FLAC preferred) format music and output signal via digital connection (optical, Coaxial or USB) to dedicated DAC and Amp and to headphone. I am looking for this to avoid using PC all the time to play music. I do not carry DAP around. I had thought of the new coming FiiO X7 but from the reviews I decide not to get the 1st generation of it. I also do not want to get earlier versions of FiiO player. The bigger the capacity the better.

So, what's options do I have? thanks,

Nov 19, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #2 of 3
  I am looking for a good quality Digital Audio Player to play lossless (FLAC preferred) format music and output signal via digital connection (optical, Coaxial or USB) to dedicated DAC and Amp and to headphone. I am looking for this to avoid using PC all the time to play music. I do not carry DAP around. I had thought of the new coming FiiO X7 but from the reviews I decide not to get the 1st generation of it. I also do not want to get earlier versions of FiiO player. The bigger the capacity the better.

So, what's options do I have? thanks,

If you're just going to output digital, and doing it via USB isn't a problem (which by the way dedicated players apart from the iPod's dock to dedicated DACs cannot do), then you might already own a device that can do that other than your PC.

iPad2 and iPhone5 (and up) running iOS7 and later just need the Camera Connection Kit adapter (and the Lightning equivalent); the wide variety of Androids also means that many aren't compatible, but those that are just need an OTG-USB adapter. I just use sync docks to keep them upright on the desk. On the DAC end, as long as it doesn't require anything other than generic USB drivers nor too much power from the host device, it should work. You can search for the "iPad DACs" and "Android DACs" threads to check compatibility.

Nov 19, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #3 of 3
Thank you ProtegeManiac, I read similar OTG-USB solution for android tablet. I have both type and will try this for time being.

Nice setup
k701smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back