Digital Audio out of a Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport?
May 6, 2015 at 11:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Tommyboy8771

New Head-Fier
Don't bash me, I'm really new to the audiophile community (created my account today as a matter of fact) but I had a question I'm hoping you guys can help me with. I'm trying to get a decent audio setup going out of my phone. So, here's my question, is there a way for me to get digital audio out of my phone and use an external portable DAC? (which would undoubtedly sound better than stock) Most of the portable source players I found on the site are either A: Ugly, B: Have Poor Build Quality, C: Expensive as screw, and D: Not that practical for everyday use. So if I could have the awesome build quality, interface of my Samsung Galaxy S5 Sport, and a ton of memory, would it be a good audio source since it would only hold lossless files and send them digitally through a high quality external DAC? I imagine it would since desktop setups kind of do the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

May 6, 2015 at 11:57 PM Post #2 of 2
USB OTG cable. You either use an adapter, or you get a USB cable already wired for OTG functionality. Some of them run up to $70 or more, but at least they're compact vs the adapter. Some DAC-HPamps come with OTG cables, like the Ibasso D42 Mamba (D4, version 2) and D-Zero MkII.

Here's my MkI D-Zero with a Galaxy S3 on a dock, OTG adapter hooked up to the sync port in the back, cleanly out of sight from the front.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back