Digging out an old project? Millett hybrid.
Apr 6, 2009 at 2:34 AM Post #17 of 21
Ill try cleaning it one more time and then when that doesn't work...I dont know...

By the way I think you are all mad for participating in DIY audio which is the most extraodinarily frustrating hobby I have ever tried. Every time I have thought about this project over the last five years my blood pressure has gone up a little a bit and yet here I am; doing it to myself all over again.

Apr 6, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitewind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I don't believe this trace is supposed to be there.

That's a good catch. That definitely looks like a board defect.

Apr 8, 2009 at 9:15 PM Post #20 of 21
Well I scraped off whatever that "board defect" was and still no change. I can't seem to get a whole lot more solder off, in fact it looks worse than before. I am out of ideas and now see why i put it in the box in the first play.

Edit: This project seems to have beaten me. Would anybody want to take a look at it? If you get it working (or at least fix the short) I can give you pair of Beyerdynamic dt 250-250 and/or some money. If not you would still have the parts to use for some other project. I wish I could finish this but I am afraid it was just to much for me.

Apr 9, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sync /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I scraped off whatever that "board defect" was and still no change. I can't seem to get a whole lot more solder off, in fact it looks worse than before. I am out of ideas and now see why i put it in the box in the first play.

Edit: This project seems to have beaten me. Would anybody want to take a look at it? If you get it working (or at least fix the short) I can give you pair of Beyerdynamic dt 250-250 and/or some money. If not you would still have the parts to use for some other project. I wish I could finish this but I am afraid it was just to much for me.

I'm sorry to hear that. May I suggest that you try a new Millett MAX or MiniMAX PCB? Those may be a little more forgiving since they're only two-sided PCB's with a ground plane on only one side (no trace borders).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back