Diffrent versions (not color) of the Zen Micro?
Jan 16, 2005 at 1:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Daemos

100+ Head-Fier
So when I went to exchange the micro today...I noticed that the one I got has a diffrent touchpad.

I checked out all the stickers. Same model and hardware according to the sticker in the battery compartment.

Some things I noticed though: Touch pad is smoother (in texture)

The bottom left arrow is thinner and has the work 'back' and the one on the right, has a more detailed drop down menu button, as well as the battery cover slides on ALOT easier.

And the other buttons have 'smaller' labels. Everything else seems to be the same though :/

Anyone have any other info?

Jan 16, 2005 at 1:59 AM Post #3 of 7
any real diffrence between the old one and the new one other than the touch pad?

They both were loaded with the same firmware and what not.

I would of thought the smaller button one would of been a revision, because there are MANY stupid people out there who might not know what a backwards curved arrow means. (I know I do tech support for internet...LOTS of stupid people out there)

As long as this HD doesn't die after 9 days...and battery life is decent I'll keep it
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 16, 2005 at 3:20 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by buffpants24
I like the "older" buttons. They look more professional.

That's what I thought too that's why I thought it was like an 'newer' model.

But IS there anything else other than the touch pad that's critical when the new one came out? (any other comparisions)

Jan 16, 2005 at 3:46 AM Post #6 of 7
hmm.. i really dont care, but i kinda like the newer ones cuz it's less complex, i already have a flashy color- wouldnt want complex buttons if you know what i mean
icon10.gif

No, there is no difference between the old and new. just the touchpad.
tongue.gif

Jan 16, 2005 at 5:04 AM Post #7 of 7
on a 'quick tips' sheet included in the box, it says this at the bottom:

"The appearance of these icons may vary, depending on the region of purchase. For players purchased in certain regions, the Menu/Back and Options icons are [<--back] and [menu icon] respectively"

i dont really know what it is, since i got a limited edition (which i assume means it is an earlier one), yet i have the 'newer' button style w/o the word 'back'.

eh, who cares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back