May 19, 2016 at 6:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

espanarules

100+ Head-Fier
Sony MDR 7550,
Audio Technica ATH-CKR10
VSONIC GR07 Bass Edition and MKII
RHA T20i

Favorite signature to this point are the DUNU DN 1000...Looking to improve

Funny, they are great with excellent recordings...and they produce the lows exquisitely...but the drums & cymbals don't pop...maybe a wider stage??? 

There are reviews of these...but not in this configuration...
Please leave any feedback...

Duces...

Aug 29, 2016 at 2:55 PM Post #2 of 2
I know this is super late but I've owned the T20, GR07 BE, and still own the MDR-7550. I really liked all three so your sound preferences and use cases will probably dictate which is best for you.

Of the three, the GR07 BE has the be overall sound signature IMO. Very balanced with good detail and space. It's also the least expensive of the three. The downside is QC. My pair failed at 9 months. They were replace via warranty but I have read that others have had similar issues. One guy owned three pair and none last a year so I sold my warranty replacement. Such a shame because they really sound great! I wish the would have made a MKIII and just improved the build and quality (i.e detachable cable, aluminum housing). It punches way above it's weight class but it might not last very long :/

The T20 improved on the build and design of the GR07 BE but it the treble can be a little harsh at times and the bass is far more present, less detailed, and less controlled. Making for an overall less refined sound. Nevertheless, it is a very competent IEM. 

The MDR-7550 is the "goldilocks" of the three. The sound is well balanced and detailed. Slightly warm with a little more emphasis in the bass. However, the GR07 BE beats it in detail retrieval and balance IMO. It is the widest and most open sounding of the three. Also the most comfortable IEM I have ever used. There almost no sound isolation. They pick up wind noise when outside and can be tricky to deploy. A great headphone but I would not recommend it as your primary IEM unless you don't intend to use it on the go.

Hope this helps, albeit late :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back